starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Equipment by Texas Strength Systems

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCuster View Post
    Will the news Capps bar be similar to their All American Bar or totally new knurl specs?
    Different bar entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren M View Post
    Canada West Boots or Viberg may be viable options if you are willing to deal with Canuckistani businesses.
    Have them call me.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Email received in today's batch of spam:

Your post How to Build a Home Gym is awesome. You are correct that the bar you choose is so important. The Lifting Apparel Accessories post is just as amazing.

Because you write about fitness, can I send you some more information on my client [--removed--]’s affiliate program? They produce a line of high quality and affordable fitness gear including yoga mats, light weight dumbbells, acupressure mats, resistance bands amongst other things. A couple of added benefits of becoming a partner is that we help our active partners (even when it’s unrelated to my client) with questions about SEO, formatting content, etc. [--removed--] will also occasionally share our partner’s content on their social media channels (even when you use affiliate links) which can help gain more exposure for you!

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!
    ...and how did you respond? Are we going to see an SS branded yoga mat?

Did this person teach you anything about SEO or formatting content?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We don't want it "polished." All of these pieces are supplied uncoated -- bare steel. That way, each piece develops and ages with the training history of the gym. No maintenance is required, just don't leave them outside in the rain like a moron.
    I live on the coast with a garage gym and my B&R bar is pretty rusted. I have had it for about 3 years now, it spins fine and I use it every workout but the rust does seem to be getting worse. I really don't mind but I don't see how to stop it or getting into the bearing? I was anal at first with brushing it and trying to hinder the rust but I soon gave up. Any solution or just bring it out of the garage after each workout? Sometimes living on in this area one just deals with it when it comes to bikes, cars, and barbells. Thanks.

Bars don't usually grow orange rust if they are kept inside. Wire brush the knurling off, oil the bushings, and keep it inside when you're not training.

It's been wet in north Texas all week, and we finally had to do some maintenance on our racks, the bar stock pins and top bar. I used steel wool and WD40, finished with cloth and naphtha. A few cycles of this results in a gun-blue job.

Bars don't usually grow orange rust if they are kept inside. Wire brush the knurling off, oil the bushings, and keep it inside when you're not training.

It's been wet in north Texas all week, and we finally had to do some maintenance on our racks, the bar stock pins and top bar. I used steel wool and WD40, finished with cloth and naphtha. A few cycles of this results in a gun-blue job.
    Sweet. It really doesn't bother me to much but the wife always says something.....Anyway thank you and I will give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    I live on the coast with a garage gym and my B&R bar is pretty rusted. I have had it for about 3 years now, it spins fine and I use it every workout but the rust does seem to be getting worse. I really don't mind but I don't see how to stop it or getting into the bearing? I was anal at first with brushing it and trying to hinder the rust but I soon gave up. Any solution or just bring it out of the garage after each workout? Sometimes living on in this area one just deals with it when it comes to bikes, cars, and barbells. Thanks.
    You might try some rust converter. Test it on a small patch first and see how it goes. It will turn the red rust into a hard black substance (ferric tannite, I think) and resist further rusting. Wear gloves.

The bar is assembled with roller pins, so there are no little shitty circlips holding it together.
    Why are roller pins better than the circlips? Have you had issues with Rogue's bars?

Roller pins are a heavier construction, preferred by people that have had trouble with circlips.

This is really neat. I bought something from TSS just a month ago and was impressed with the service and craftsmanship. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the SS line.

Is that a Klingon flag in the picture?

starting strength coach development program
    WFAC is the Official Training Center of the Empire.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast