starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Equipment by Texas Strength Systems

Default Starting Strength Equipment by Texas Strength Systems

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Wes Zunker and his staff at Texas Strength Systems are manufacturing a line of Starting Strength Equipment. I designed every piece, they are manufactured to the highest standards of quality in the industry, and they are fully warranted by TSS. They are not cheap, because they are the highest quality equipment available on the market. Coming soon: SS Flat Bench, SS A-Frame Plate Rack.

Starting Strength Power Rack – Texas Strength Systems

Next project: The Starting Strength Bar by Capps Welding in Texas, makers of the Texas Power Bar.

Do they need to be bolted down?

They don't need to be bolted down. Half of mine are not bolted down.

I bought all of my home gym equipment from Wes and the guys at Texas Strength Systems. They make some heavy duty good quality equipment that is built to last.

How is the new Starting Strength Barbell going to differ from the Rogue B&R Bar?

Basically the same bar, slightly different knurl, in 28.5mm. The slightly smaller diameter makes it a better general-purpose bar than the fatter 29mm B&R.

I own bith a b and R bar and a capps tpb. Both are awesome. B and r is better for squats bc of thickness. Tpb is better for all else. Tpb knurling is great.

I can't say enough good things about this partnership. I met Wes a few times while I San Antonio, and he is a great dude, makes world class strength equipment, and is, himself, a great lifter and ambassador for strength training.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    They don't need to be bolted down. Half of mine are not bolted down.
    So just leaving them on my concrete garage floor is enough to make sure they're secure? What are the weight of the racks?

My gym is outfitted with TSS racks, has been for years (not the official SS line) but those guys do first class work and are good honest people. Mine are not bolted down and don’t need to be, although holes are present so it’d be easy to do. Hope they do big business with this, Wes deserves it. Been working his ass off for years selling equipment and running good meets

starting strength coach development program
    Wes is a good guy, a handshake kind of guy. I have known Buddy Capps for decades, and I'm confident in the absolute quality of all of this equipment. In fact, I have a bar in my gym, and old first-generation Texas Power Bar made by Buddy in 1980 and in use in the gym since then, that is still perfectly straight. This is a good fit, with all our equipment made in Texas. Feels very comfortable to me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast