starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strength Club by Starting Strength - Online Training Log and Program Builder

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Default Strength Club by Starting Strength - Online Training Log and Program Builder

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    For the last year I've been building Strength Club, an online training log. While I'm proud of what I built with the Starting Strength mobile app I felt it was lacking in a few areas, particularly for novices transitioning into intermediate programs.

With Strength Club, you can choose from many of the programs in the books like all the novice programs, HLM, Texas and create a cycle of training from those templates in less than a minute. You can also create and keep your own variations of those programs, or even create an entire program from scratch and reuse that any time.

Everything is kept online so you'll always have your training log, forever.

You can also use the site on your mobile device which displays your next training and you can edit and update that as your workout.

Public beta is now open and is currently free (and will be for a few more months), so check out the site at www.strength.club and if you like what you see, please sign up.

There's a team of us working on this project and we're adding more features in the coming months like adding more programs, social / community feeds, bigger and better mobile implementation and anything else you guys ask for, so please send me feedback and let me know what you'd like to see.

If you have any questions or comments leave them here or email me here.

Thanks

Mick

Thanks Mick. Nice work.

Hi Mick~

Pretty nice app! I've downloaded the beta and was able to complete my workout logs. I've been doing SS for about 7 weeks, and still consider myself to be a NLP. I chose the Level 1 program and it loaded really well all of my current weights and exercises and developed a cool two week program. Is an IOS App in development? I'd like to download to my phone.

Thanks again!

Mark

This is a really cool idea and execution.

Do you foresee any problems associated with this with respect to coaching/programming?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by EmceeT View Post
    Hi Mick~

Pretty nice app! I've downloaded the beta and was able to complete my workout logs. I've been doing SS for about 7 weeks, and still consider myself to be a NLP. I chose the Level 1 program and it loaded really well all of my current weights and exercises and developed a cool two week program. Is an IOS App in development? I'd like to download to my phone.

Thanks again!

Mark
    Thanks Mark, glad you're liking it.

You can open www.strength.club on your mobile device and it will show you your next workout, you can edit all the reps and weights and leave notes which will sync automatically back to the cloud.

Not sure if we're going to do a native ios / android version because I think we can do just as good a job on the mobile browser version.

The mobile browser integration is pretty basic right now and our main priority right now is adding all the features from the Starting Strength mobile app - plate math, rest timers and also some new features like being able to attach a video to each individual set. All of this will sync back to the cloud automatically. We're also going to be adding features like creating cycles and viewing everything on the desktop site on your mobile (graphs, community, creating and customising programs).

Our designer is working on wireframes and designs this week, so we may be able to show our ideas for the mobile version to you guys soon. I'm hoping we'll have a much better mobile version by the end of the year.

I'm doing the 4 day Olympic Template that is outlined in Practical Programming. Is there a way that this workout could be added to the program? Also Clean and Jerks aren't listed as a lift to select.

I'm following Andy Baker's Online Training, and it would be nice to be able to add some additional exercises. I know that it could grow to be infinite, but maybe someone like Andy could give you a list that would round out that list?

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    Thanks Mark, glad you're liking it.

You can open www.strength.club on your mobile device and it will show you your next workout, you can edit all the reps and weights and leave notes which will sync automatically back to the cloud.

Not sure if we're going to do a native ios / android version because I think we can do just as good a job on the mobile browser version.

The mobile browser integration is pretty basic right now and our main priority right now is adding all the features from the Starting Strength mobile app - plate math, rest timers and also some new features like being able to attach a video to each individual set. All of this will sync back to the cloud automatically. We're also going to be adding features like creating cycles and viewing everything on the desktop site on your mobile (graphs, community, creating and customising programs).

Our designer is working on wireframes and designs this week, so we may be able to show our ideas for the mobile version to you guys soon. I'm hoping we'll have a much better mobile version by the end of the year.
    Hi Mick!

Yes, I was able to open Strength Club and save it into Safari. Functioned great today with my workout. As I become more familiar with it I'll reply with more feedback.

Thanks again!

Mark

Will it continue to be free to beta users after it gets out of beta? or will I have to start paying to get back access to all my previous workout logs?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    This is a really cool idea and execution.

Do you foresee any problems associated with this with respect to coaching/programming?
    Thanks Andrew.

We have plans to build out functionality for coaching which is going to be miles better than anything on the market. Not sure exactly what you mean, but I'm guessing you're asking if we're going to integrate coaching and the answer is yes, we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry1 View Post
    Will it continue to be free to beta users after it gets out of beta? or will I have to start paying to get back access to all my previous workout logs?
    Let me preface my answer with this....We've built the most flexible and customisable online strength training log in existence. If you can find another app or site that lets you build out a cycle of training in less than 30 seconds then I'd love to see it!

The reality is that software development is expensive, we've been working on this for nearly a year with a team of 3 full timers and a few part time contractors so eventually we need to start charging for it so we can continue to make the site even better and add the features that people will ask for.

So to answer the question, if you want to keep using the site post-beta you'll need to fork out for the membership. We will try to offer some way for users to download their data who don't wish to pay so they don't lose all their training log data.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Stevens View Post
    I'm doing the 4 day Olympic Template that is outlined in Practical Programming. Is there a way that this workout could be added to the program? Also Clean and Jerks aren't listed as a lift to select.
    Will put that on our list to add. thanks for the feedback.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast