Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An excellent piece from John Musser SSC

Default An excellent piece from John Musser SSC

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Wow.

Yeah. It's a powerful essay.

Instantly a classic. One of the single best pieces I have seen relating to fitness anywhere, ever. In fact, I'd even say this is as powerful a commentary on life's hardships as anything I have ever read.

"I don’t see much self-pity in this [log] book." Makes me look at my log book, and my life outside my log book, in a whole different way.

Thank you, John Musser.

If that doesn’t make you pause and put things in perspective, then you aren’t human. Superb writing. Thank you for sharing that.

A masterpiece!

I post this piece on Facebook, and the only comment is from some guy wanting to know where the picture was taken. I'm in favor of FB going off the air completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I post this piece on Facebook, and the only comment is from some guy wanting to know where the picture was taken. I'm in favor of FB going off the air completely.
    Did FB staff ever get around to fixing your messenger mailbox thingy?

starting strength coach development program
    Definitely a top 5 article, possibly top 3. I know the contributors would not want to be ranked, it’s not a competition. But this is worthy of being discussed with Sully’s Big Medicine article and Rip’s Pajama Boy commentary about modern masculinity. This piece works on so many levels and is something everyone should be able to relate to if they have enough self awareness of their own character defects.

The question is: it seems unusual to have such great writing consistently created by SSCs and trainees. What is it about SS that creates that environment for thoughtful writing, whether this type or some of the more technically challenging articles? Any thought why this is, Rip? Why is SS able pull great content out of its community, especially by people who do not consider themselves writers but can suddenly craft a great piece? This seems unique to SS.

A huge thanks to those who write and contribute, I get so much from these articles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast