starting strength gym

Thread: Video: The Starting Strength Bar

Default Video: The Starting Strength Bar

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

How does the 20 kg SS bar compare to the Rogue B&R bar? The 28.5 mm diameter is slightly easier to grip for smaller hand individuals compared the 29 mm diameter of the B&R bar I imagine. I’ve only used the B&R a handful of times and I personally like the knurlimg of the Ohio power bar which I believe is more agressive. (I’m a gym member not a gym owner, so I use what’s available.)

The knurl is much better, the assembly is roller pin instead of Circlip, the steel is 4142 made in the USA by Niagara-Lasalle, and the diameter is 28.5mm. It's a better bar.

What are the differences between the SS 20kg and the Original Texas Bar? You mentioned the knurl is different. Is it more aggressive? I also saw the .5" difference on the specs page. Anything else to justify the $50 difference (other than the wicked SS logo)?

Also, you mentioned the a-frame plate holder in the video. Any more details on when it will be available, retailer, build details, or price?

The knurl is much better, much less aggressive and much more usable for sessions that involve lots of sets and the Olympic lifts. The plate rack is in process and will be linked to soon.

Mine just came in. Ordered on a Sunday and delivered on a Tuesday (I live in Houston area.)

This is my first bar I’ve ever owned, so I’m looking forward to seeing how it develops a patina with care and use.

Knurl feels great.

Quote Originally Posted by barbershop1st View Post

Knurl feels great.
    I agree. It feels great.

starting strength coach development program
    I just pulled mine out of the box and placed it on the rack. The bar feels very balanced, moreso than the Ohio Power Bar I use at the local gym, and far better than the POS CAP I currently use at the house. Perhaps the 0.5mm thinner shaft makes that much of a difference from a balance perspective, or maybe it's just because it is straight. For sure the knurling feels better - more density but not as sharp.

It's a gorgeous bar Rip. Solid job.