• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My name is Paul; I'm a month shy of 43. My lifts as of this week are

Sq 310/5/3
    Pr 127.5/5/3
    DL 295/5
    BP 190/5/3

Today, I went for 315/5/3 and after the first three lifts of the first set I felt some strain, so I stopped. It stiffened me up, but I went ahead and pressed 130 for sets of 5, 4 and finally 3. My back strain was really in my head. From time to time I'll feel some strain from DLs or Sqs, but a day or two of rest takes care of it, so I'm not overly concerned about the pain. For the last month I've been giving myself two days between workouts, and the extra rest has allowed me to continue my progression of adding weight. My DL fell behind my squat because there was a bad bout of strain that made me cool my jets a month ago. My head tells me to rest two days and then go for 315 again, but just checking in to make sure I'm not doing anything ridiculously stupid. Thank you for your consideration, I've really taken a lot of joy from the program.

Since I cannot know what you mean by the imprecise use of the term "strain", I can't really be helpful. Can you elaborate? Post a video of your squat?

Kids today...

Sorry Mark, I was able to get a friend to film me, today. After this set the "strain" happened, again. I would describe it like a telescoping feeling in my spine just a I finish, (during the last 20 degrees as I finish to the starting position, if that makes sense).

YouTube

Anyway, here's what I doing.

This is a rather horrible high-bar squat, and the bar rolls up your back and destroys your position to the extent that it's amazing you aren't completely paralyzed. I have no reassurance for you. Get some coaching.

Ok, thank you

Thank you again, I will seek out some help. Sorry for wasting your time, I had a feeling something was wrong, all the best

Disappointing. Video's removed. I wanted to see what a squat looked like that got the h-word applied to it.

starting strength coach development program
    The rule is that once a video is posted on this board and we take the time to comment on it, it stays up. This shit gets you banned, so put it back up.