starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach, how can we put a stop to this nonsense?

We can't do anything about the APA. But remember: they are psychologists. Odds are that within 10 years half of the people on the drafting committee will have committed suicide, so we toxically masculine men can rest easy between fights and beating our wives and children, kicking back with PBRs and basking in the knowledge that we won, in a way.

I like how The Blaze selected an image of an Invictus Games competitor strapped onto a bench as their main article picture to generate extra reader indignation.

I'm quite sure they don't know enough about this to understand the Invictus Games. They just saw the badass tat and the yelling on the bench press, and used the image for that.

Coach, this is why I think your Pajama Boy article may be best writing you have ever done. Heresy perhaps because of the great strength writing, but the Pajama Boy article is the best social commentary I have read in years.

I for one refuse to apologize for my masculinity and I tell my son to be the strongest, baddest 8th grader in the school yard.

This is just precious: "the more men conformed to masculine norms, the more likely they were to consider as normal risky health behaviors such as . . . avoiding vegetables, and to engage in these risky behaviors themselves." LOL!

Harmful masculine activities like "...avoiding vegetables".

The article is a spot on guide to being a man. I always yell very loudly about my avoidance of vegetables when I am trying to impress the ladies.

Great article Rip. Everytime I read it, something new manages to strike a chord.

What I haven't read is that New York Times list of 27 ways to be a Modern Man, nor do I think I want to. However I am curious if it mentioned anything about not wearing socks? I swear if I encounter another puny insect proudly showing off their ankles between their skinny jeans and boatshoes I am going to throw up, or throw down. One of the two.

starting strength coach development program
    Obviously the author has experienced "traditional masculinity." Jana J. Pruet - "Sr. staff writer @TheBlaze; Award-winning journalist, wife, mom, storyteller, eternal optimist, crazy (about) cats lady, marshmallow fanatic"

Perhaps this article falls under storytelling fiction. I would have expected this to appear on The Onion News.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast