starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chase Lindley Q&A

Default Chase Lindley Q&A

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Have you ever asked Chase about coming on the forums? Chase should really write a testimonial for the site about his experiences and the benefits he has seen in his life through the Starting Strength method.

He's been on the forums. Do you have a question for him?

I would love to know hether or not his drive/dedication to lifting is genetic or was his upbringing just that much better than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by CarteringKat View Post
    I would love to know hether or not his drive/dedication to lifting is genetic or was his upbringing just that much better than mine.
    Imma say jeans. It's always the jeans.

I don't know anything about Chase Lindley, but I find it interesting that the two reasons you can come up with to explain his superior drive and dedication somehow completely abdicate yourself of any responsibility for your own. Drive and dedication is developed over time, and something we all have complete control over - referencing genetics or upbringing just sounds like a copout. My guess is he's just a human who set some goals and is now pursuing them.

What would that tell you? Let's say we know you have shit genetics and everything else is the same. Are you going to live your life any different? If he has the same genetics, but you had a shit upbringing, what are you going to do with that information?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuswhit View Post
    I don't know anything about Chase Lindley, but I find it interesting that the two reasons you can come up with to explain his superior drive and dedication somehow completely abdicate yourself of any responsibility for your own. Drive and dedication is developed over time, and something we all have complete control over - referencing genetics or upbringing just sounds like a copout. My guess is he's just a human who set some goals and is now pursuing them.
    I find it interesting you read so much into my comment and assumed I don’t take personal responsibility!!!! Probably shouldn’t have posted it seeing as I have two responses that are so gosh darned negative! Thanks for the lesson sir!

Honestly, it was really supposed to be a compliment to a person I’ve never met based off the opinions of other people I’ve never met.
    I do think it’s interesting though to take data down on people that show an incredible will power. In my line of work/experience, some people have shit upbringings and work harder than anyone else(genetic?? I don’t know), but more often than not you’ll see below average people working their asses off because of knowledge that their parents or solid mentors passed down.
    I don’t collect these little tidbits for any real reason, just for my own personal working theory of the world. Maybe Mr. Lindley got lucky with his genes, maybe he got lucky with his upbringing, maybe it was both, and maybe it was neither. It’s just an interesting data point for my own edification.

To answer your question, I won’t do anything with or without this information. I’m still going to show up to the gym on schedule, crush my workouts, and continue to work around the elbow pain I can’t seem to shake.

How much of a benefit is insulin?

Find his episode on the Barbell Logic Podcast and listen to that.

He may be on a couple of them actually.

starting strength coach development program
    God told me it's The Milk that Rip forced-fed him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast