starting strength gym

Thread: High Bar Squat Check

Default High Bar Squat Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey, Rip! You may remember me as young Rob's father from the Boston cert last month.

I reluctantly switched last week to high bar squats - I figured out that the low bar ones were aggravating a shoulder injury I am dealing with, so I've put them on hold until that improves (already getting slowly better).

This is my 3rd work set at 132 kilo (291 pounds) - the first two sets pretty well gassed me, but I figure there might be some advantage in you evaluating me at my worst. These are definitely harder than the low-bar, especially on the lower back, and I notice less hamstring involvement.

Hope the angle is ok - my workout room is pretty small and this was the widest view I could get.

Btw, your suggestion for me to rest two days between WOs did the trick - I am recovering much better and making good progress in all lifts each WO...guess some of us older guys need the extra rest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkN4F3qjuSA

If I were standing there I'd cue your knees out at the bottom, but other than that they look good. Pretty strong for an elderly guy.

Thanks for the review and motivation!

I focused on pushing out my knees during my work set today (134kilo) and - lo and behold! - felt more stable and stronger coming out of the bottom...