starting strength gym
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    For once and for all, i wanted to ask if i am adding milk to the coffe is that effecting on the caffeine influence? I remember someone from my family told me that and i qm just curious about that, or adding something to the coffee like milk, cream only makes it tatse a little better?

For those of us w/o the desire to perfect pour over, what is the next best home option? Aeropress, french press, other? For those of us who doctor up our crappy coffee and want to enjoy great coffee black, what are some recommended beans to try along with the best grind?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeevOl View Post
    For once and for all, i wanted to ask if i am adding milk to the coffe is that effecting on the caffeine influence?
    You get a little difference in rate of absorption, or when you ingest it with other foods, but not much and no big deal overall. But that's the wrong place to look -- metabolism of caffeine and sensitivity to it are highly variable. Those factors, and psychological expectations are far more important.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCole View Post
    For those of us w/o the desire to perfect pour over, what is the next best home option? Aeropress, french press, other? For those of us who doctor up our crappy coffee and want to enjoy great coffee black, what are some recommended beans to try along with the best grind?
    This is a personal preference deal, and some options require expensive equipment. French press and cowboy coffee are similar, with reasonable or zero equipment investment needed, respectively. You can't really go wrong by starting there unless you hate having coffee dust in your coffee. In that case you need something with a filter or otherwise clean output, eg espresso machine (expensive upfront, plus needs expensive grinder, but good equipment lasts years and years).

In my opinion the best coffees are dry-processed Ethiopian and Yemens. Nothing else comes close.

You are all crazy. The 15 cent a cup bulk coffee from robusta, or who the hell cares what bean, tastes great!

What about the tooth staining effect from black coffee without cream?

Coffee doesn't stain. Tea, now that shit stains. What color do you want your teeth to be?

No mention of Greek coffee, which I've enjoyed a few times. Even bought a briki to make my own, but never used it. Visited Cyprus once, where they boiled the coffee in a briki on a bed of fine pebbles. The manly thing to do after finishing a cup was to push the sludge of fine grounds through your teeth. Neat.

Goes something like this:

https://www.thespruceeats.com/how-to-make-greek-coffee-1706012

Is that true? I would prefer black if it is.

My experience has been when I am drinking black coffee without any cream or milk, my dentist starts talking to me about teeth whitening products or mentions new stains on my teeth.

Same with instant tea or strong red tea. I do not get any of it with matcha green tea, wulong, regular green or white.

By Tea, I mean black tea. Green tea is a different substance.

Quote Originally Posted by 凤凰来仪 View Post
    ...my dentist starts talking to me about teeth whitening products or mentions new stains on my teeth.
    If I recall correctly my dentist's advice (my words now), coffee colors, tea stains. The tint from coffee can be removed, the tea stains, not so much (or perhaps at all).

starting strength coach development program
    Fun Coffee Stories:
    When I was a First Officer, the Flight Attendant asked us if we wanted some coffee. We both did, so she asked the Captain how he took it. He breaks out the “I like my coffee like I like my women..” line. She cut him off with “you don’t have to pay for our coffee”.

Abd:
    I got roped into a pass through Havana a year or so ago. Having heard of Cuban coffee and watched Ralphie May’s hilarious bit on Cuban coffee, I decided to brave my way through the Secret Police cordon and go in the terminal and get some, fully expecting it to be as trashy as the rest of that Commie Hellhole obviously was. But somehow, in a tear-jerking testament to the endurance of hope in the human spirit, those people had held on to a tiny slice of excellence, in the form of an extraordinary little cup of coffee. They were a dollar each. I had two, saluted, mouthed “Cuba Libre” with a discreetly raised fist, and returned to the airplane, some or all of which may be a lie.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast