starting strength gym

Thread: Weekend Archives: Daniel Raimondi: The First Rep

Default Weekend Archives: Daniel Raimondi: The First Rep

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Oddly enough, when the weight gets aggressive I don’t think about any of the reps. I get under the bar and start moving it. Seeing as starting is the hardest part, if I don’t think about XXXlbs it seems to work out.

This was timely. I've had a crappy week, so when I showed up at the gym at 5am yesterday to squat I just really wasn't feeling it. Warm ups were hard, slow and clunky and by the time I got to the work sets I had contemplated just packing it up and going back to bed for another hour before work. But having read this piece just a day before I told my self to just put it on my back and give it one rep. And then one more rep. And then one more. By the time I got the third set it was just like any other session.

Quote Originally Posted by LimieJosh View Post
    This was timely. I've had a crappy week, so when I showed up at the gym at 5am yesterday to squat I just really wasn't feeling it. Warm ups were hard, slow and clunky and by the time I got to the work sets I had contemplated just packing it up and going back to bed for another hour before work. But having read this piece just a day before I told my self to just put it on my back and give it one rep. And then one more rep. And then one more. By the time I got the third set it was just like any other session.
    I have tried a few times lately to do my workout in the early AM, before work. Requires waking up at six. I have found my strength level is just not up to par at that time. Essentially it feels like it takes twice as long to get warmed up. By the time i have finished my typical warmup as described in the blue book, i still feel tired and week, and the first set can barely move. Whereas going during lunch or after work, i just feel so much warmer and looser, and energetic. This sucks because in the near future I'm really going to basically have to do early AM workouts if i want to stick with my program, so I'm looking for a way i can improve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff LC View Post
    I have tried a few times lately to do my workout in the early AM, before work. Requires waking up at six. I have found my strength level is just not up to par at that time. Essentially it feels like it takes twice as long to get warmed up. By the time i have finished my typical warmup as described in the blue book, i still feel tired and week, and the first set can barely move. Whereas going during lunch or after work, i just feel so much warmer and looser, and energetic. This sucks because in the near future I'm really going to basically have to do early AM workouts if i want to stick with my program, so I'm looking for a way i can improve this.
    Practice.

However, if it is the only time you can reasonably train it really doesnt matter if you would perform better at another time of the day.