starting strength gym
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of women's sports

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

I wonder what her Imam and the rest of the congregation she is part of think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaldrew View Post
    Wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

I hope you will look into it enough to rationally reconsider your views after you calm down. I for a long time had similar opinions. But, the evidence did not support it, so I had to change my opinion.

Serious academics do actually pay attention - I don't know if it is only an American problem.

Any system that restricts speech and redistributes money for politics is an extremely corrupt and biased system (even if they don't require conflict of interest asterisks in their papers). This is the current government funded system.

Private donors have traditionally funded even the most basic of scientific inquiries. They single handedly build world leading colleges like Carnegie-Mellon. They often want to donate their money without any expectation of financial gain. There is a two thousand year old tradition of this going back to at least ancient Greece.

To trust the state when they tell you they know best is foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by 凤凰来仪 View Post
    You need to get out more if you haven't been criticized for holding open a door on several occasions or haven't been discriminated against for being the wrong race or gender or haven't been put in the back of the line because there were "victims" who deserved assistance. It is common to be attacked if you believe in the wrong things, like capitalism. There are numerous financial and social consequences that have been all too real for me.

Dude, where do you live? I have lived, gone to school, and worked for years now in the Peoples’ Republic of Massachusetts, and truly have not experienced this. And as a straight white man, I supposedly should have. Maybe it’s you?

Quote Originally Posted by 凤凰来仪 View Post
    They single handedly build world leading colleges like Carnegie-Mellon. They often want to donate their money without any expectation of financial gain.
    I think in Andrew Carnegie's case, he was trying to buy back his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Dude, where do you live? I have lived, gone to school, and worked for years now in the Peoples’ Republic of Massachusetts, and truly have not experienced this. And as a straight white man, I supposedly should have. Maybe it’s you?

You may be just be deciding to turn a blind eye to it.

It is not me, because there are so many objective examples in addition to the anecdotal ones. At Harvard, Asians must score 400 points higher on ACT than Blacks to get in. Oracle is facing hugely expensive federal lawsuits from the previous administration for at the same time both discriminating in favor of and against Asian job applicants. Evergreen State College in Washington has an annual "Day of Absence" where they "invite" white people to leave, so they can have a white-free environment. I have seen merit-based engineering awards be given based on transgender status rather than merit. I have seen many former classmates lose out on jobs because of affirmative action policies. I have talked to successful engineers who left their former companies after being passed over for merit based promotions because the company didn't want to promote another white or asian guy (ironically, they typically support affirmative action until it hurts them personally). Elizabeth Warren took somebody else's place as an ivy league faculty member because she claimed to be the correct race. AntiFa/BLM are known to physically attack people if they don't submit to the preferred beliefs. And to top it off, we now have bias against female athletes because they are lower than one of the other "genders" in the victimhood hierarchy.

If you have not experienced it personnaly, you are fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    I think in Andrew Carnegie's case, he was trying to buy back his soul.
    Wow. He was magnanimously benevolent and you still want to attack the guy because he was successful.

No, because he was a Robber Baron. It wasn't that he was successful, it was some of the things he did to become successful. So yes, trying to buy back his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    No, because he was a Robber Baron. It wasn't that he was successful, it was some of the things he did to become successful. So yes, trying to buy back his soul.

Pretty astounding that you want to double down on that.

Please, read the Gospel of Wealth by Andrew Carnegie. Learn history if you can.

If Carnegie had to buy back his soul, 99% of the population must do the same. He really was a terrific guy. Very very few people in history have done as much good for the community, country and world as Andrew Carnegie.

Wow 400 points higher on the ACT? I'd love to see just one real life example of this.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I wonder what her Imam and the rest of the congregation she is part of think of that.
    That a gentle beating with a stick no larger than the diameter of a man's thumb is in order?

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast