Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of women's sports

Default The end of women's sports

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    USA Powerlifting bans all trans women from competing as women - Outsports

This is bizarre:

USA Powerlifting has banned all transgender women from competing as women, even as a trans powerlifter in Minnesota recently won a state championship with another association, setting a state record.
    Even as...? As though if one recreational federation panders to popular culture at the expense of reason and logic, all should follow suit. Note the straw man emphasis on bone density, and the complete lack of recognition of neuromuscular efficiency and it's genesis. USAPL did the right thing here, a stopped-clock phenomenon, since they are shitbags otherwise. They may be ultimately destroyed for it, and USPA will rue the fucking day they did this thing. Fascinating times we live in.

It's funny how the APA describes natural male behavior as toxic and a threat to society, then turn around to say (which is true) that transgender behavior is gender dysphoria as called out in the DSM. I mean...choose a side of the isle or stay fucking neutral. You can;t have your cake and it too APA!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    It's funny how the APA describes natural male behavior as toxic and a threat to society, then turn around to say (which is true) that transgender behavior is gender dysphoria as called out in the DSM. I mean...choose a side of the isle or stay fucking neutral. You can't have your cake and it too APA!
    Just to add to the confusion, there are two APA's: American Psychological Association had the recent release on masculine behavior. American Psychiatric Association writes and owns the DSM. Of course, both are big organizations at the trough of insurance and pharma companies and the government, so I wouldn't look at either of them to lead the way on anything.

The main silver lining to me of the ever-crazier and attempted leftward swing of culture is that as more people get left behind the ever-shifting line, they at least somewhat wake-up to what's actually going on. I was recently speaking with a very liberal (in the American political sense) female friend, who has competed in weightlifting and crossfit, about this very topic. I was pleasantly surprised to find we were in complete agreement on this issue. She was (rightly) upset that as a woman, she'd be at an impossible to overcome disadvantage against trans women who decided to compete against her and were allowed to do so. It's unfortunate that more people can't think systemically and unemotionally about these things, but humans being human and all that, if this is what it takes, so be it. There really aren't THAT many crazy people out there, at least compared to the non-crazies. But the crazies have figured out down to a science how to manipulate the good nature and good will of the non-crazies to make them think they're on the same side. As more and more non-crazies get shifted to the wrong side of the cultural line, there will be ever more pushback. This has already begun, and we have a long way to go. But it's not as one-sided as it was a few years ago.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 02-03-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Rip, since US Strengthlifting has become an oasis in strength sports, do you think we will ever form our own powerlifting federation, as small as it might be? Squat and deadlift would have the same rules as the USSF. That leaves what to do for a judging standard for bench press, which I assume also doesn't include judges commands, nor perhaps even any pause at the chest.

I have discussed this very thing with Jordan Stanton.

I think there are divisions within the Left that are pretty clear if you look about an inch deep. On one hand you have the True Believers that support this cause or that cause or one oppressed group or another. Although perhaps misguided, they truly believe what they say and they fight, often behind the scenes, to advance their agenda. On the other hand you have the political / media class where it’s all about Power, and essentially bringing down any institution that is deemed to be too white and too male. This groups loves to lump EVERYBODY who isn’t a white male conservative under the umbrella of the oppressed - gays, trans, blacks, Muslims, women, etc. Anyone that’s willing to accept the victim label. Perhaps I’m wrong, but from my own casual observation of the issue from a distance I am not seeing a lot of support from the True Believing feminists for the Trans in Sports thing.

Yes, I absolutely love the idea and it will eventually happen. I am in the very early stages of playing with the ruleset for bench press. With that said, I want the USSF operating extremely well first and that requires the development of the judges certification. That is the current priority but rest assured we are interested and willing to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    I am not seeing a lot of support from the True Believing feminists for the Trans in Sports thing.
    When oppressed identity groups are pitted against each other, it's always entertaining. In this case, membership numbers favor the Feminists, as does logic and reason.

starting strength coach development program
    I agree that this will be the demise of the USAPL. They will die by litigation.

As long as there is a separation in sports between biological male and female, there will have to be a standard for what a male and female is. Chromosomes might be a good standard but drug testing is not. “Gender” clearly has lost all meaning.

Perhaps what comes out of this, as an unintended consequence, is a ban on drug testing across all sports. Any chance coach?

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast