starting strength gym

Thread: Issues with Proper Alignment

Default Issues with Proper Alignment

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Rip,

I was wondering if you have experienced this or could give me advice on an issue I have. So in basically all my lifts, I am having an issue once I get into proper spinal alignment. I keep my head up and neck back, lower back slightly arched (I make sure not to do it excessively), chest up and thoracic spinal erectors activated, big breath and brace throughout my entire core. Basically any cue I can find I've tried. When I get into this position I feel some pain in my ribs, pain in my lower back rather than tension in my core, and overall as if it's not a strong position. Like I said I make sure not to excessively arch and I don't have anterior pelvic tilt. It feels to me what rib flare sounds like, although I don't know how to feel that "wave of extension" as you describe in the deadlift without using these cues. Do you know of any reason why this would happen or how to fix it? It is affecting essentially all of my lifts and I constantly feel tension closer to my insertion points rather than the whole muscle belly, and this is the case for all of my exercises.

Video?