starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single Leg Good Morning Jumps

Default Single Leg Good Morning Jumps

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip,

The title of the thread pretty much sums up the lunacy of this video.
    I know you don't really like us posting videos, but this one is so crazy I had to share it with you.
    This is pretty much exactly in line with what you said around these S&C coaches making up crazy shit in an effort to outsmart the room.
    He's got NFL athletes doing this shit!

BUILD EXPLOSIVE POWER!!!!

I wouldn't normally post this, but it's good for people to see what actually goes on instead of strength training.

I'd call it the Skip To My Loo and sell a video course.

I follow him on Instagram. This is far from the silliest shit you'll see. Every silly exercise has a complicated sounding "protocol" name and 1000 words of explanation as to how it's so cutting edge. Meanwhile, I've never seen any of his professional fucking athletes moving a weight I couldn't. And that's not saying much.

Explosive display of strength right there.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD9692 View Post
    Rip,

The title of the thread pretty much sums up the lunacy of this video.
    I know you don't really like us posting videos, but this one is so crazy I had to share it with you.
    This is pretty much exactly in line with what you said around these S&C coaches making up crazy shit in an effort to outsmart the room.
    He's got NFL athletes doing this shit!

BUILD EXPLOSIVE POWER!!!!
    Leaving aside the obvious, one of them is doing this in socks on a wood platform.

Point of contrast - for the past two weeks my globo-gym has been hosting the national team of a smaller northern European nation (i wont disclose the country or the sport, but these are not power or strength athletes. In fact, its more of an endurance type sport). These athletes are squatting pressing, pulling, rowing and doing pullups. I watched one young man, who looked to weigh about 190 pounds bench 245 lbs for a solid set of six or 7. The girls (fucking retarded hot by the way - tall, blonde, no tattoos and quite muscled) were doing pullups with 50 plus pounds around their waist. I also saw them doing too much ab work and stretching bullshit, but the basics were there. These athletes - considering their sport is not a strength or power sport - were strong. And doing the basics in the weight room.

Unlike hippity hoppity single leg bullshit in socks (!) like what we see here.

To maximize the effect, these should be performed blindfolded while balancing on a bosu ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    I follow him on Instagram. This is far from the silliest shit you'll see. Every silly exercise has a complicated sounding "protocol" name and 1000 words of explanation as to how it's so cutting edge. Meanwhile, I've never seen any of his professional fucking athletes moving a weight I couldn't. And that's not saying much.
    I see that it "crushes the entire posterior chain, including the glutes and hamstrings." Does he really believe this?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I see that it "crushes the entire posterior chain, including the glutes and hamstrings." Does he really believe this?
    Oh he does. Just released a whole book about it in fact. You haven't ordered it already?

To maximize the effect, these should be performed blindfolded while balancing on a bosu ball.
    You jest, but lifting with your eyes closed is another one of his "protocols."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast