starting strength gym
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Denver

JayLivsey is offline Owner, Starting Strength Denver

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    We completed the "chalk walk" with the contractor today. They have already completed most of the demo so they are beginning the first stages of the build-out. They have timeline meetings every Monday so we should have an opening date soon!

Great news! I wish I still lived in the metro area and I would be there as much as necessary. Looking forward to camps at the site and maybe even dropping in.
    Any chance a gym goes in north of Denver, or at least the northern end?
    Keep up the great work, I am rooting for this to blow up!

Thanks! We're hoping to have a gym that can service the Boulder area down the road but in the meantime, you can plan on dropping in at our Lakewood location!

They are almost finished framing the bathrooms. They are going to put down some self leveling concrete in order to make sure out entire floor is level this weekend and they'll be off to the races next week.

Keep an eye on the early interest email list, we are going to open signups soon!

Quote Originally Posted by JayLivsey View Post
    Thanks! We're hoping to have a gym that can service the Boulder area down the road but in the meantime, you can plan on dropping in at our Lakewood location!

They are almost finished framing the bathrooms. They are going to put down some self leveling concrete in order to make sure out entire floor is level this weekend and they'll be off to the races next week.

Keep an eye on the early interest email list, we are going to open signups soon!
    Can't wait for the signups! I live just a few blocks away, so excited.

I would like to announce the head coach for Starting Strength Denver, Jared Nessland! Here is a short bio about Jared-

Jared Nessland has been coaching Division I athletes in Strength and Conditioning for 20 years. Jared is both a Starting Strength Coach (since 2013) and a Seminar Staff Coach. Most recently, Nessland was the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach at Sacramento State from 2011 – 2019, where he used the Starting Strength model with all of his teams. He previously served as the Head Strength Coach at Southern Illinois University, the University of Montana, and the University of North Dakota, with stints as an Assistant at the University of North Dakota and the University of Nebraska. Originally, from Havre, Montana, Nessland attended Montana State University where he competed as a thrower on the Track and Field team. Jared has competed in both Olympic Lifting and Powerlifting, and is currently a competitive open level racquetball player. After hearing about the opening of Starting Strength Denver, Jared decided to leave collegiate coaching and join Jay Livsey's team as the Head Coach. He is moving from California with his fiance, Laurie Holland and his Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Koda. If you are a living human being, Jared knows how to make you much stronger than you are now. Welcome Jared!

-Signups are open! Click HERE to reserve your place!

-We are scheduled for a December opening with intros starting December 1st and classes starting December 9th.

-We will be running a pre-opening special, $40 off per month, forever!

-If you stay with us for a few years, that’s thousands of dollars in savings - as long as you keep your membership active.

-At sign up, you’ll be asked to book an intro for $185. This includes a one-hour session to teach you the lifts and your first week of group training(For our founding members (you), the $185 intro class is a 2 for 1 special so please bring one friend at no extra cost).

-After your first week, your membership will be billed at $275, monthly (discounted from $315).

-The price per coached training session breaks down to around $22.

-Membership includes a guaranteed space in the gym, coaching, and programming - three days per week.

-There are no hidden fees and no contract - cancel anytime.
    Last edited by Ray Gillenwater; 11-14-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Fantastic news Jay! And very generous opening bonuses! Can't wait to see the place open on December 1st. Keep up the great work mate.

I have a quick update for Denver-

We failed an inspection with our HVAC unit and are having to repair the entire thing. Intro sessions will now start on January 2nd and group classes will begin on January 6th. We are still running our opening special of $275/month with $185 intros(Intros are 2 for 1 so bring a friend for free!). Keep an eye on our instagram account for build-out progress!

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

I know this feeling. Hope all goes smoothly from here on out.

starting strength coach development program
    I just wanted to stop by to say I signed my mom up for Starting Strength Denver just now! I have been trying to get her to strength train for years and an osteoporosis diagnosis she got early this week was the final key to finally achieving success! She can't stand the thought of being brittle and immobile in her older years so she's all in. She's going down the rabbit hole of buying the blue book, watching videos of Rip teaching people how to squat, and reading articles. She'll be 71 in January and is very tenacious but is a motor moron (like me). She wants to increase her bone density. I am so excited for her and glad I finally convinced her to give this a shot!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast