starting strength gym
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Houston

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    We've got coaches!!! An announcement to our Early Interest List was sent out yesterday confirming Josh Wells and Shelley Hancock as SSCs for Starting Strength Houston!

Josh and Shelley are some of the most tenured Starting Strength Coaches (since 2010), having been involved with Rip and WFAC almost since Starting Strength's inception. Their coaching experience includes Crystal Coast S&C in North Carolina, La Palestra in NYC, WFAC and Midwestern State University in Texas, among others.

Josh has served as a Staff Coach for Starting Strength Seminars and both have conducted numerous Barbell Training and Olympic Lifting camps. In fact, this Oly experience is something the gym will be developing an offering around once we get up and running.

And even more exciting, we have one more coach to announce shortly...

I could not be more excited to be a part of the team we're building at Starting Strength Houston.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

JD, it's great to see how much emphasis you've placed on recruiting a high caliber coaching team. Congrats to you, Josh, and Shelley!

Great recruiting JD! Some of the lifting I've seen Josh do (via online videos) has been mind boggling. Best of luck to both Josh and Shelley with the move.

Thanks! We've got one more addition to announce and it's a doozie! Talk about an all-star staff we're building.

If the announcement of Josh and Shelley as coaches wasn't enough, I'm thrilled to add that Chase Lindley will be joining Starting Strength Houston's team! We've seen his Norse god-like displays of strength on Instagram (350lb press, seriously?!?!) and his quiet demeanor. More importantly, in his time at WFAC, he has become an excellent coach.

Chase's experience evolving from trainee to coach is a prime example of what the Starting Strength Gyms look to accomplish. Expose as many people to the method as possible, get them strong and healthy, find the ones who are driven to help others do the same, help them become SSCs, lather, rinse, repeat.

This rounds out an All-Star coaching staff at the gym. Announcements on social media and the website are coming soon so keep and eye out.

image.jpg

JD, great to see this launch in Houston!

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Hell yes!! Awesome news. Congrats to you, Josh, Shelley, and Chase - it’s going to be a stellar team at SS Houston.

Josh Wells is offline Starting Strength Coach
    big-O

Thank you Ray and everyone else for welcoming us. Shelley and I are excited to get back to Texas and be apart of this awesome opportunity. Thank you To JD for giving us this chance. I think I am even more excited to be able to train with Chase (Vanilla Gorilla). It has been about 10 years since the last time I worked with Chase. To watch him become this beast, has been just amazing. JD has put together an amazing staff. We look forward to getting down to Houston and getting people Strong!

Congratulations on the new position Josh, and welcome back to the forum!

Josh Wells is offline Starting Strength Coach
    big-O

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reid View Post
    Congratulations on the new position Josh, and welcome back to the forum!
    I know it has been a while since I was last on here.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast