starting strength gym
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Boston

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Currently are there any practicing starting strength coaches in the Boston area?

Quote Originally Posted by Sustra907 View Post
    Currently are there any practicing starting strength coaches in the Boston area?
    Not that I’m aware of. I’m working on bringing in someone from out of state to open the first Starting Strength Gym in Boston in the Fall. Until then, there’s the upcoming weekend seminar and online coaches available. Do you train at a gym currently?

There are three or four people at Cambridge Strength and Conditioning (where the September seminar that Arthur linked to will be held) who have been to a seminar, my daughter being one of them. She started training at Fivex3 in Baltimore in college, and has done some coaching over the past few years, but is not a certified SSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sustra907 View Post
    One guy here in southern New Hampshire who's doing the coaching certification exams this month. Hopefully he passes!

Quote Originally Posted by DougS View Post
    Jacob - I'm in NH as well. Rank novice seeking coaching. Who are you working with in NH that's about to be a SSC, and what facility?
    Doug, sorry I'm just seeing this. DM me for the info. Would love to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Young View Post
    One guy here in southern New Hampshire who's doing the coaching certification exams this month. Hopefully he passes!
    Absolutely!!! It’s very difficult. Wish him lots of success.

For anyone else interested in becoming a certified Starting Strength Coach, check out the online prep course. They have GREAT videos done by experienced SSC’s like Nick Delgadillo, Stef Bradford, & Brent Carter. They break down the material well and are eager to answer any questions in Slack. They genuinely want everyone to learn. Although I’ve done Starting Strength for 3 years, I have no formal background in the material (I majored in History and Political Science — don’t judge me!). I started the class and have learned a ton. Highly recommend it!

Does anyone work or live in downtown Boston? I’ve explored sites on High Street & Franklin Street between South Station and the State subway stops. I have some questions about that neighborhood.

I've been inactive in the forum for a while but noticed this thread. I just wanted to say hello and that I'm excited to see more opportunities for starting strength in the Boston area. I live near Manchester, NH and became interested in SS a few years ago. At that time I did make a few visits down to Boston to meet up with Noah Milstein for some coaching sessions. I was sad to see him leave and have always been hopeful to engage more in the SS community in this area. I'm trying to get back on the wagon so to speak after some time off from the program. I signed up for the early interest list and look forward to hearing more.

Quote Originally Posted by NH_guy View Post
    I've been inactive in the forum for a while but noticed this thread. I just wanted to say hello and that I'm excited to see more opportunities for starting strength in the Boston area. I live near Manchester, NH and became interested in SS a few years ago. At that time I did make a few visits down to Boston to meet up with Noah Milstein for some coaching sessions. I was sad to see him leave and have always been hopeful to engage more in the SS community in this area. I'm trying to get back on the wagon so to speak after some time off from the program. I signed up for the early interest list and look forward to hearing more.
    Thanks for saying hi. I send monthly updates to the early interest list and hope to announce my first location soon. I’ve been negotiating with landlords downtown focusing on affordable sites near North Station or South Station. Right now there’s a site on High Street near South Station that looks promising. I’m looking for people who work or live near there to talk to about the neighborhood.

Speaking of the neighborhood, yes Boston lost Noah . I’m in discussions with a new coach, however, interested in moving here. Manchester is only an hour away ... if you’re up for driving down we’d love to have you when it all comes together

Arthur,
    Used to work in that area--on South Street about a three min walk from South Station. That's the so-called Leather District (not like that) and is very near the Financial District--lots of law firms, big banks. South Station is a major transportation hub for suburban commuters (you probably already know that).

I loved working in that area. It's busy, lots of folks in their 30s-50s. I think it'd be a great location.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JKwoodshed View Post
    Arthur,
    I loved working in that area. It's busy, lots of folks in their 30s-50s. I think it'd be a great location.
    That’s great feedback. Thank you! I do wonder if it’s a ghost town on weekends or if there are enough residents nearby interested in training on non-work days. What’s also interesting is there’s a large “Food Hall” they’re putting in on High Street which would be an additional draw.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast