starting strength gym
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Boston

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I understand that there are quite a few older folks on these boards, that's what attracted me here.
    What I meant was, will there be any masters lifters attending this meetup in Boston for drinks and socializing ?
    I'm an avid follower of both SS and Greysteel. Just a relative newbie at 64. Started last April 2019.

I started doing Starting Strength seriously in November of 2017 and am turning 54 this year. Do I count as a Masters Lifter? I need reading glasses ... if that helps my case

I’m organizing the event but haven’t asked people’s ages. My sense is there’s a broad range. That was definitely the case at the Starting Strength Boston Seminar last year which I take to be a good sample. Look forward to seeing you at the meetup!

Thanks to everyone who came to the meetup! Was great to connect in person. Everyone asked to do it again so we will this Spring.

Folks asked for pictures from the meetup:
    IMG-6918.jpg
    IMG-6916.jpg
    IMG-6912.jpg

Thanks to Andrew for sending a solid gym location lead in Quincy. I’m always on the lookout, especially in new buildings going up. Residential developments want ground floor business tenants that their renters/owners will use: coffee shops, restaurants, gyms, etc. It takes going through a lot of gym location leads to find one that works. Thanks for the help!

Am looking closely at a few potential sites in Newton. Does anyone frequent the mall area off of I-95 along Highland Avenue / Needham Street? I have some questions about the neighborhood.

I lived in that area for about a year.

The gym that got me into strength training, The Weight Room, is located right there.

Thanks for the post. Did you live there recently? How was the traffic and parking near I-95 Exit 19? There are lots of strip malls there which is great for a gym location. But the few times I drove along Highland Avenue it was REALLY congested. That was before everyone was encouraged to "stay at home" of course

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Frontczak View Post
    Thanks for the post. Did you live there recently? How was the traffic and parking near I-95 Exit 19? There are lots of strip malls there which is great for a gym location. But the few times I drove along Highland Avenue it was REALLY congested. That was before everyone was encouraged to "stay at home" of course
    It's been about six years and even back then there was usually lots of traffic during rush hour.

Parking in the strip malls should not be a problem.

starting strength coach development program
    I live very close to there. Needham St is notoriously congested, yet has sustained some expansion (new center called Nexus I think) in the last couple years. The reconfiguration and addition of ramps on/off 128 has helped a bit.

That’s not a bad spot, even with the traffic.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast