starting strength gym
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Boston

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I live west of Boston and commute downtown (State/Congress) for work. I'm not too familiar with that specific area but most of financial district is dead on weekends. I was a member of a gym by the office (before I built a gym at home) and on the few weekends I did go into the city to work and get a lifting session in it was pretty quiet.

Let me know how I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    I live west of Boston and commute downtown (State/Congress) for work. I'm not too familiar with that specific area but most of financial district is dead on weekends. I was a member of a gym by the office (before I built a gym at home) and on the few weekends I did go into the city to work and get a lifting session in it was pretty quiet.
    Thanks for posting. Do you take the Commuter Rail in and then transfer to the subway? When you worked out downtown did you notice some times were particularly busy? I’m guessing before and after work will be the most popular without many people lifting during lunch. Could be wrong, maybe downtown gyms are packed at lunch.

Lunch gets as busy as after-work.

In addition to South Station I’m looking at a site in East Cambridge. Does anyone work or live near the Lechmere station (Green Line)? That location has the subway station and also good parking near the CambridgeSide Galleria mall.

Arthur are you going to the SS seminar in September? Is anybody in this thread going? I'm signed up.

Arthur are you going to the SS seminar in September? Is anybody in this thread going? I'm signed up.
    I will ABSOLUTELY be there! Hope a bunch of us can meet and talk during the breaks.

7719FAF0-5DA2-44D4-BB9A-9073C687F46D.jpg
    I was pricing out laptop computers recently and came across this ad. Yeah I get it, everyone wants “buff and powerful” gear. And I’m sure the Predator laptop is amazing; but the ad still bothered me. Want to summon real strength? Put down your laptop and learn how to squat, deadlift, etc. at Starting Strength Boston!

As I continue work on potential gym locations downtown, some of you have encouraged me to focus on the suburbs. I don’t see it as an “either or” choice. Multiple locations would be wonderful. Suburban areas I’m starting to look at include South of Boston in Dedham and West along Route 9 (Chestnut Hill, Natick). If folks live in those areas and are willing to discuss it please send me an email. Some have reached out already which I appreciate! Always love talking with you.

I'll be there! Did a strength seminar with Rip way back in the Crossfit Days ()....really looking forward to the weekend!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    I'll be there! Did a strength seminar with Rip way back in the Crossfit Days ()....really looking forward to the weekend!
    Wow, what year would that have been? For next Friday, be thinking of good bars/pubs nearby we can take Rip and the crew out to. Arlington/Somerville (where Cambridge Strength & Conditioning is located) is NOT my neck of the woods.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast