starting strength gym
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Boston

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Parking is such an interesting question. When surveying folks about a Starting Strength Gym near the Forest Hills MBTA Station, the overwhelming majority needed parking. I expected that would be a necessity for sites in the suburbs (Quincy, Waltham, Dedham, Newton, etc). It’s expected because suburban living revolves around driving. But I was surprised to find the same customer expectation for sites in Boston like JP. Does anybody walk, take a bike, or the T to workout?

One of the best things about Starting Strength is our community. I'd like to start off 2020 by getting to know more of you with a meetup for anyone interested in Starting Strength (and those that love them). I'd like to suggest the Trillium Brewing Company in Canton, MA. They have great beer, lots of space, and are family & dog friendly. Let me know who's game. For those who can't come because it's too far, please recommend a venue closer to you (please be specific) where we could do a future meetup. Thanks!

Happy New Year everyone. Any resolutions out there?

Last year my wife resolved to begin the Starting Strength program. She had seen me doing it and liked what she read online. We also agreed to lift together at the same time. Making it a shared activity really helped get her into the program. We now have 2 half-racks at home and will definitely continue into 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Frontczak View Post
    One of the best things about Starting Strength is our community. I'd like to start off 2020 by getting to know more of you with a meetup for anyone interested in Starting Strength (and those that love them). I'd like to suggest the Trillium Brewing Company in Canton, MA. They have great beer, lots of space, and are family & dog friendly. Let me know who's game. For those who can't come because it's too far, please recommend a venue closer to you (please be specific) where we could do a future meetup. Thanks!
    Here's a link for folks to register for the meetup on Feburary 1st. Hope to see you there!

Nerd Alert: according to DnD a person can lift an object up to 30 x their strength score in pounds. I currently can Deadlift 345lbs (strength 11) and my goal is to have a strength score of 14 (420lbs) by the end of the year. Though to be honest, whatever I manage to do is fine with me as long as I follow the program and do my best. I’m an early intermediate.

What is "DnD"?

DnD is short for Dungeons & Dragons, though a better abbreviation would be D&D. It's a medieval fantasy roleplaying game with a setting similar to Lord of the Rings. Every character in the game has a Strength score and, being a not very cool person myself, I like to frame my strength goals in terms of what my strength score would be if I was a character in D&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Elgart View Post
    DnD is short for Dungeons & Dragons, though a better abbreviation would be D&D. It's a medieval fantasy roleplaying game with a setting similar to Lord of the Rings. Every character in the game has a Strength score and, being a not very cool person myself, I like to frame my strength goals in terms of what my strength score would be if I was a character in D&D.
    I’ve always loved gaming; and I definitely prefer tabletop (board games, RPG’s) over digital. It’s cool you’ve taken the desire to be strong as a life practice. 400+ pounds sounds like a great goal.

Many people play physically accomplished characters but that never translates outside of the campaign. That’s not to say EVERYTHING “in game” has to have an IRL analog. It’s a cool escape. Okay well I’m off to practice casting fireballs.

Just curious and trying to put this nicely, I guess I should probably say "masters", but are there any ole farts in this group (<: ?

starting strength coach development program
    Depends what you mean. I am 52, maybe 53. I am sure there are a lot of middle aged men and women on this Boston thread. The demographic for SS is deceiving, wider than many imagine.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast