starting strength gym
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Boston

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I lived there for 20 years and moved out 2 years ago so I know the area well. Now that the construction is mostly done it is lot better than it used to be. All the office park traffic that used to get off at the Highland exit now goes down to Kendrick. If you get something in the strip malls near the highway, maybe around Wexford St the traffic is bearable. Anything over the Charles River into Newton throws you into really bad traffic.

That’s very helpful thank you. There’s still road construction near the Highland Exit — or at least there was before the pandemic. Hopefully it will continue to improve as that finishes up.

Thanks for the posting. Congestion seems to be improving. It’s parking I wonder about. Some of the strip malls are very tight around lunch time. I was about to do stakeouts before 9am and after 5pm — when most of our group classes would be — but the stay at home orders hit. Anyway thanks for the input!

I think that heavy traffic would be a positive: it means that Needham St is a route that many people take to and from work, despite the traffic, meaning that a gym there would be convenient to many people. And if you have a sign visible to the road, you have lots of people sitting in traffic and looking at it, thinking how nice it would be to stop in to get strong while the traffic clears.

My family frequents the takeout businesses on that road: 5 guys, chipotle, etc., and have also regularly used several of the retail shops and a few of the restaurants. There is generally ample parking in the lots. The older shops with a strip of spots along the road are a real PITA to get in and out of.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Jfsully - you’re in Boston? We need to present you with “the most reasonable forum poster” award if you make it out to the grand opening. Thanks for sharing your insight on the board, I enjoy reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Jfsully - you’re in Boston? We need to present you with “the most reasonable forum poster” award if you make it out to the grand opening. Thanks for sharing your insight on the board, I enjoy reading it.
    Most reasonable internet poster? Thanks! Kind of a low bar, but I'll accept it. Might even make a t-shirt. I will endeavor to check out the local SS gym and make it to the opening. I'm too much of a cheapskate and have decent enough equipment in my garage that I likely won't be a regular trainee, but I would be more of an intermittent form-check kind of customer, if there is such a thing.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Most reasonable internet poster? Thanks! Kind of a low bar, but I'll accept it.
    In 2020 that is a high compliment!

When the time comes, drop me a line for a one-on-one with Carl (SSC) to thank you for providing a well informed medical perspective on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    In 2020 that is a high compliment!

When the time comes, drop me a line for a one-on-one with Carl (SSC) to thank you for providing a well informed medical perspective on the board.
    very kind. Hope to meet you at the opening!

Arthur - let's get a Zoom meetup for the Boston folks on this thread. See if you can collect some emails from these award-winning clowns.

Tybor

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    award-winning clowns.
    Hey, I resemble that remark.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast