Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Boston

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reid View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this variation (I think Ray called it industrial, but please correct me if I'm wrong) of the SS Gym setup comes together.
    Travis, this one will be our standard, premium retail variant. We should have a “Black Iron Gym” concept opening sometime next year. Hope you’re well!

Thanks Ray - all sounds exciting mate.

Spent over a year trying to find a downtown location for the gym; near the South Station or North Station transit hubs specifically. With the recent surge of people working from home, however, I’m glad we’re opening in the suburbs instead. Mass transit ridership has plummeted.

Just finished the initial gym design layout. Pretty excited. We can fit 9 racks (one Olympic platform and eight regular squat racks). The plans now begin the approval process. Hope to get a building permit before Christmas (I’ve been so good this year Santa!).

Arthur when’s you need free labor to lay out mats, build the racks, etc. give me a shout.
    I am in Quincy and if my schedule permits would like to help. It takes a village!

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Arthur when’s you need free labor to lay out mats, build the racks, etc. give me a shout.
    I am in Quincy and if my schedule permits would like to help. It takes a village!
    Thanks I REALLY appreciate that! The gym space is in the basement and there is no shipping elevator. So everything must be lovingly hoofed downstairs. I’ll put out the word when we’re close. I promise to provide the Village pizza for lunch in exchange for helping

We’re currently interviewing for a Level 2-3 Coach for our gym launch in Spring 2021. Will be interviewing Level 0-1 Apprentices in January after that. Anyone interested in coaching please let me know! Also check out the excellent Coaching at Starting Strength Gyms page.

Lots of ordering going on for gym equipment & finishes. Everything from the lifting racks and weights to flooring and fixtures will start arrived onsite mid-February. Let’s hope I get lucky with snow free days that month!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Frontczak View Post
    Lots of ordering going on for gym equipment & finishes. Everything from the lifting racks and weights to flooring and fixtures will start arrived onsite mid-February. Let’s hope I get lucky with snow free days that month!
    Let us know the plans as they firm up, I am sure there are a few people who would offer some time to help set things up.

starting strength coach development program
    Will do! Much thanks

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast