starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rip in Men's Health: The Texas Method

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I know a guy who refers to Men's Health as "Cosmopolitan for Guys".
    Regular Cosmo isn't good enough for men? Why wouldn't everyone, regardless of gender, want to know 50 new ways to make sex feel better?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by coliver14 View Post
    "This is not a beginner’s workout,” stresses Rippetoe. If you’re new to lifting, he suggests a different approach that follows a classic four-day routine split between upper and lower body.
    At least they got the first part of the sentence correct.

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

Seems like MH got most of the context correct, especially where they're quoting him - except for the part about if you're new to lifting, then to follow a "classic four-day routine split between upper and lower body". $20 says that quote was taken out of context from the interview.

Also, MH failed on the 1st pic - the guy with the massive traps and lats standing in front of a bar loaded with 5 25lb bumper plates.

starting strength coach development program
    I first discovered Starting Strength through Men’s Health 6-7 years ago. There was an article ( I forget by whom) that referenced the book. The author stated that he would only read literature published by Rip or Louie. At the time, I was serving a 5 year bid in a minimum security prison camp here in Ky. The only resources we had to go off of were Flex Magazine and Power Lifting USA( when it was still in print). Shortly after reading the article in MH, I ordered SSBT3. I ran the program and executed the lifts to the best of my ability. Progress really took off, and fellow inmates were curious of my new found success. Eventually, SSBT3 and PPST3 became the Holly Grail of “the weight pile”. I was so intrigued by Rip’s literature that I purchased PPST2,PPST3,SE?, and MOMG. I still have all of these, and they are the same original copies that I had on the inside with me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123