starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rip in Men's Health: The Texas Method

Default Rip in Men's Health: The Texas Method

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

That was surprisingly better than I expected. I felt like they cut short the scope of who this program is for though.

I know you're a humble guy, but honestly, how does being called "legendary" make you feel?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

It reminds me that they have to say that whether they mean it or not. Why would Men's Health talk to a coach who wasn't legendary?

I am shocked this is in Men's Health. I've read it on and off for years and it's full of fluff and pump garbage that I did before I knew better. This would be this first time I've seen a legitimate program in their pages. Are they changing their model?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    That was surprisingly better than I expected. I felt like they cut short the scope of who this program is for though.
    Same feelings here. I think they should have made it more exclusive. But telling 99% of your novice readers that this "isn't for them" wouldn't make a good article, heh.
    I'm sure most general gym-goers would consider themselves TM ready according to the guidelines given in this article. And we know that wouldn't be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimi Kuenzli View Post
    Same feelings here. I think they should have made it more exclusive. But telling 99% of your novice readers that this "isn't for them" wouldn't make a good article, heh.
    I'm sure most general gym-goers would consider themselves TM ready according to the guidelines given in this article. And we know that wouldn't be correct.
    Let em try, and fail, and learn. If we're lucky (or unlucky, perspective blabla), those that want to get it right will come on down and ask for directions.

And we'll dropkick em into repetitive inquiries where they belong.

No, but I am naïevely hopeful that some doe-eyed novices will find their way here. Exposure like this couldn't hurt.

Much

Never read Men's Health. But I have looked at the cover in the grocery line and thought, "Damn I wish I looked like that" while buying ice cream.

I have had a Men's Health subscription in the past. They tend to lock in on whatever is trendy obviously. When the movie 300 was relevant they would have Gerard Butler with the "300 workout" among many examples of this. This advertisement is probably a good thing for the Starting Strength brand, but I fear that the trend that Men's Health is locking onto isn't "Starting Strength" but they are locking onto the new IG trend of "powerbuilding" which is basically bodybuilding without "caring about your actual aestehtics"

"Powerbuilding"

That made me chuckle

starting strength coach development program
    Another stupid portmanteau from the muscle magazines.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast