Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Austin

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

• wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by JarrodSchaefer View Post
    Yesterday, Brad squatted without a box for the first time. When he first came in, he couldn't squat down a foot without falling over. Now he's squatting to depth with a barbell on his back. This is tremendous progress we are very proud of, but it is also a typical occurrence in this and any other SS gym. We're super proud, Brad! You're doing great!
    These are my favorite success stories by far. It's great to see a scrawny athlete go from a crappy-form sub-2 plate squat to good 300s or 400s worksets, and we have a lot of experience with that. But when someone like Brad goes from not being able to do a proper bodyweight squat to being able to do any amount of weight to depth, he didn't just get stronger--he got a major part of his life back. Barbell coaching is one of the few professions that can give someone a gift of that magnitude.

Thanks, Brodie! I completely agree. It's a dramatic change for the lifter and a dramatic transformation for the coach to watch.

Speaking of PRs, our monthly PR and progress day was yesterday, here are a couple of my favorite highlights:

Lifter Blake got a DXA scan and found that since joining SSA, he has gained 16 pounds of lean body mass.

10 lifters pressed a weight over their head they have never even touched before.

This is Will pressing 150 pounds for the first time and myself testing out our brand new cowbell to celebrate people getting super strong!!

IMG_20200725_105928.jpg

We just hired a new Operations Manager; her name is Angie and we are super optimistic! Welcome to the team, Angie! She has 10 years of experience in the fitness industry, she's climbed all sorts of mountains, and she has zealously jumped into her position here at the gym. I can't wait to see how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by JarrodSchaefer View Post
    ...testing out our brand new cowbell ...

IMG_20200725_105928.jpg
    More cowbell.

Yup, we are looking for every opportunity to use the thing more often. It's a little extra incentive to push lifters towards PR's and plate days!

We got another round of DXA scans happening at the gym on August 22nd. If you want in, make sure you sign up early. Registration closes 30 hours before and if the intake forms aren't filled out 24 hours before, your appointment will cancel.
    BodySpec - Schedule Scan

Clients who want Jarrod to get a copy of their results should sign the consent form as well.
    BodySpec - Intake Forms

This month's Progress Day is all about squats. Come on in after you get scanned and let's see some heavy singles!

Starting Strength Austin is looking for apprentice coaches. If you live in Austin and are interested in becoming a Starting Strength Coach, an apprenticeship at a Starting Strength Gym is the best way to get it done. Contact me at nick@startingstrengthgyms.com if you’re interested.

Jason Romero recently hit a 135x5 bench and 225x5 deadlift on the same day! Nice job guys, let's keep up the good work!

We just got our point-of-sale system set up and we have some great merchandise on display in the front of the gym. Dominion Strength Starting Strength weightlifting belts, Starting Strength stickers and Starting Strength Austin shirts are all for sale!

starting strength coach development program
    Hey guys, just one more reminder that this is the last couple of days before the DXA scan truck comes in on Saturday. Make sure to sign up 30 hours early before registration closes!
    BodySpec - Schedule Scan

If you want them to share your info with us so that we may better serve you, fill out the intake form below as well.
    BodySpec - Intake Forms

I'm excited to see you all squat some heavy weight this weekend. Let's see what y'all got!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast