Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Austin

Joyce Luke is offline Owner, Starting Strength Austin
    Starting Strength Coach

• wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    As nice as this looks, when the wall art is installed soon (last-minute change in vendor) it will be even more cool. Congratulations to Joyce, Ray, Jen, Nick, and everybody else who made this possible.
    Yes, the wall art is going to be amazing! Thank you Rip! I canít wait until youíre able to come see it. Iím very grateful to have such an incredible team making it all happen.

I'm pretty stoked to lift in there tonight. After helping cart all that pretty equipment in there, it will be fun to get to use it!

Almost showtime! Going to be a much better April 15 this year.

Hello everyone! I have been working with Joyce Luke since October of 2018. I have trained with her as part of the online coaching program and, because I live in Austin, that means I am lucky enough to work with Joyce in person as well. Through her coaching, I have been able to move the numbers of all of my lifts up-and as a master's trainer (59 years young!) I can't tell you how much that means to me. I began SS about 10 years ago, then, because there wasn't a Starting Strength Coach nearby, I was left with finding a "regular" coach. As a result, my technique suffered greatly and I was not able to make the progress I could have made had I been able to work with Joyce. I attended an SS seminar about 7 years ago (just to get my own lifting form dialed in) and trained on met own fore about 3 years and then left for that "regular" coach.

But, while browsing the web in search of local SS coaches, I found Joyce and got back in the groove with my technique. Joyce has really inspired me to work harder and inspired me to begin taking the online coaching academy. Which has also been awesome. So, not only have I gotten stronger working with Joyce, but I have begun studying seriously to become an SS coach. Joyce has invited me to apprentice in her new gym - and I can't wait to get started.

So far, I have helped out a little in getting the new gym ready to open (TOMORROW!!) and I can't wait to get started! I'll post more with updates about what it is like to work out in there - with all new SS racks, platforms, bars, benches!! It is a great facility and Joyce and Jarrod have done an amazing job getting it ready. I jazzed about the gym and the programming and about continuing my work with Joyce and Jarrod in Starting Strength Austin!!

First day was a whirlwind, but a ton of fun seeing all the folks coming in, both familiar and new. I'm excited for the rest of the week!

First week done! It was a tremendous amount of work... I feel like I've been in that gym more in this last week than I've been in any one place the whole month prior! But it's wonderful watching hours and effort invested turn into something tangible and beautiful and functional. I've enjoyed coaching everyone that's been in so far, and I can't wait to meet everybody else! Also, I haven't eaten at Jimmy John's nearly as much as I thought we would have after moving in.... how strange.

Seconded, Jarrod. Anyone who is interested in being a coach should apprentice at a Starting Strength Gym. There is no better way to get the reps you need to be a competent coach than to work with an array of people of different ages, sexes, and experience levels and problem solve in real time. Watching Joyce and Jarrod has taught me so much. I am absolutely confident that I am a better coach after two weeks of this, and I have so much more to learn.

Joyce Luke is offline Owner, Starting Strength Austin
    Starting Strength Coach

I've got some updates! The wall art is finished and it is beautiful-everyone loves it! Rip- we are so excited to have you come to Austin on Sunday May 26th for a grand opening event! Everyone is welcome to come see the gym that day, hang out and have coffee with Rip, meet our coaches, check out the equipment, and sign up for the gym with some special grand opening offers. We'll get started about 10am and be there until we're done. The wall art is sweet:

Starting Strength Austin
    Starting Strength Austin
    Starting Strength Austin
    Starting Strength Austin
    Starting Strength Austin
    Starting Strength Austin

The wall art looks great Joyce! And the grand opening sounds like heaps of fun. If only Austin wasn't so damn far from me! Ha ha. I'm sure it will be a smashing success. Here's to hoping you have a SOLD OUT gym afterwards.

starting strength coach development program
    People have responded really positively to the wall art. I've gotten a number of comments on the illustrations. Seeing the bar path seems to have been an eye-opener for people. (As if we've never told them that the bar path needs to be straight before.)

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast