Starting Strength Austin Starting Strength Austin - Page 9

starting strength gym
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Starting Strength Austin

• texas seminar date
    • wichita falls texas march seminar date
    • woodmere new york april seminar date
    Hey im Kyle Carroll a new apprentice he at starting strength Austin. Been lifting for about 5 years now and competing in powerlifting for almost 2 years. Found starting strength mostly through YouTube videos of rip teaching the lifts. Been thinking about coaching for a couple months before finding the internship program. After I found the was a starting strength gym in Austin I jumped at the opportunity. Im very impressed with the facility joyce had provided, very clean, very professional. I plan to continue training to be a powerlifter and am very excited about learning to be a coach and preparing for the platform exam

Welcome Kyle! I look forward to following your journey. Best of luck mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Carroll View Post
    Hey im Kyle Carroll a new apprentice he at starting strength Austin. Been lifting for about 5 years now and competing in powerlifting for almost 2 years. Found starting strength mostly through YouTube videos of rip teaching the lifts. Been thinking about coaching for a couple months before finding the internship program. After I found the was a starting strength gym in Austin I jumped at the opportunity. Im very impressed with the facility joyce had provided, very clean, very professional. I plan to continue training to be a powerlifter and am very excited about learning to be a coach and preparing for the platform exam
    Welcome, Kyle! I'm super excited to see the team grow! We're happy to have you and all of our wonderful apprentices.

We've got lots of big plans coming up for the gym and our members, lots of changes! Maybe a holiday here, maybe a competition there... who knows!

I'm back with an update on how my training is going now that I have hunkered down on doing a proper linear progression. All of my lifts have gone up past previous sticking points. My squats, presses, and bench have all continued upward without pause, and I continue to make five pound jumps on the press and bench. All of this can probably be attributed to my weight gain. Since my last post in July, which was about six weeks ago, I have gained about 40 pounds. I wanted to make sure there was no unnecessary failure during this LP, so I have been eating a sheet cake a day. I am currently at 239 pounds up from 190, and none of my pants fit anymore, but I've blown past all my previous sticking points so it is a worthy sacrifice. Unfortunately, my deadlift has run into a bit of a snag, so I have begun alternating the deadlift with the power clean.

Below are the current numbers for my LP.

Squat 3x5x370
    Bench 3x5x240
    Press 3x5x160
    Deadlift 1x5x365
    Powerclean 5x3x95

I hope to continue this pace on my lifts into the future.

Congratulations Patrick! That's some serious progress mate. Starting Strength and sheet cake! Who knew?! Ha ha.

Itís been a while since I posted on here. Iím still an apprentice here at the gym, and last month I can back from a three month exchange in Germany finishing my degree. Training hasnít gone well for me at all since I finished my LP a year and a half ago, so right now Iím losing weight so maybe I can try to come back up again and be as strong as I should have been months ago.

Iíd really like to get on for a platform exam sooner rather than later, but weíll see how my evolution as a coach comes.

Thanks everyone

starting strength coach development program
    My name is Devin, and I've been going to starting strength in Austin for 3 months. I had Fusion back surgery about three years ago, but then about six months ago herniated a different disc in my back, and I finally decided that I had to get stronger somehow.

Providentially I found out about starting strength through a friend who was already going to the Austin gym, so I have been going and it has been incredible to see how much stronger I've gotten in these past three months.

Most recently, I strained a groin muscle, and decided I better take some rest time, but even after resting it had not improved much, then I went in again to lift and the starting strength Austin coaches had me lift in such a way that my groin muscle strain has now recovered, much faster and better than it would have if I had just rested. Really impressed by starting strength, and all the Austin trainers.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789