Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Dallas

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey folks!

Just wanted to give y'all an update. Our architect is done with the drawings and will begin the dreaded permitting phase in the next day or so. We have approval of our temporary signage and I'll be sure and post pictures once we have it up on our store front.

We have so far a total of 8 sign ups and I am still following up on those that have expressed interest in our gym. We should have a pretty solid marketing plan put together soon in order to drive more awareness and exposure for both the gym and Starting Strength in general.

Here is a screenshot of our initial gym layout and what it looks like once an architect (and 10k later...) get ahold of it for your enjoyment:

Looks great Brent! I can't wait to see the finished gym. Well done mate.

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

Looks nice!

Starting Strength Coach

Hey folks!

Just wanted to give y'all a quick update while we are waiting on permitting from the city (which could take from 4-6 weeks). We now have our temporary signage up! I got a fresh and clean haircut (even wore my YouTube famous pants) to take photos with my Starting Strength Dallas shirt in front of the space with the signage BUT they began work on the parking lot yesterday. SO you will not have the pleasure of seeing my pretty face (or pants) in front of the storefront (probably better this way actually...)

Is there any personalized artwork/furniture we should be looking forward to? Or are all SS gyms going to be identical in feel?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Starting Strength Coach

Just wanted to give y'all an update here.

The plans are with the city and no joke within 3 hours they already had some comments. Like you need a restroom and a water fountain. (I assure you we have both already in the plans...)

I had a mini-panic attack when a latter comment was received late last week that we would need an additional ADA bathroom (this would mean scrapping one of the racks/ platforms). Fortunately all the architects had to do was have a conversation with the inspector and we are fine with the current set up of one ADA bathroom and one changing room. Not sure what that conversation entailed but I am glad that we are fine as is...

I don't know how these plan reviews actually take place but given that they are a government operation I can't imagine many good things with regard to care or attention to detail.

The architects are sending me an updated cover sheet to walk into the city on Tuesday so fingers crossed we will have our permits soon.

I will have some very exciting news to announce about our coaching staff line up very soon.

Plan review is chaos. Good luck. If it isn't too late, my advice is to say as little as possible, be nice, and tell them "I don't know. Should we call the Architect?" if they ask any questions.

Good old government bureaucracy interfering again.....rage against the machine Brent!

Looking forward to your coaching announcement soon mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Carter View Post
    Here is a screenshot of our initial gym layout and what it looks like once an architect (and 10k later...) get ahold of it for your enjoyment:
    what exactly is the 10,000 referring to?

Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    Andrew,

As a franchise all will be pretty much identical in how they look. We all use the same equipment manufacturer all the same furniture fabricator. I think how it "feels" though is very much up to the individual coaches that run the show and the lifters that participate. I know you are a fan of metal and one of my coaches is too. Me on the other hand, will likely only be playing a combination of a cappella chamber music and k-pop during my classes.

https://www.jibjab.com/view/make/gan...4-9a29ee6c0ed9

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast