starting strength gym
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Dallas

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have a client (Ohio-based) who travels a lot and was in Dallas for a week. Brent and Co were kind enough to let him train there under Brent and Jayme. He had a great time and was very happy to be able to continue training instead of taking a week off. If you're in the area, check SS Dallas out.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    How about a target deadlift without restricting body weight? 500lbs.
    Now we're talking!

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

Just in from last night. Thanks, Eric.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Carter View Post
    Just in from last night. Thanks, Eric.

Brent, this is exactly what we were hoping to achieve with the gyms. Thank you for doing such a great job in Dallas and making it easy for people like Eric to get quality coaching and to make real progress. Love seeing this!!

Good quality coaching on a consistent basis = progress!

Well done Brent and team at SS Dallas.

Keep sharing the great reviews please, they never get old!

Starting Strength Coach

This one is a little long but definitely a glowing review from one of our members. Thanks, Tom!

If you are serious about wanting to get strong, if you are less than satisfied with your previous results with personal trainers, weight machines, or training on your own, if you want expert instruction in barbell training, you cannot go wrong with Starting Strength Dallas. Brent Carter and his team of expert coaches will teach you the proper barbell lifting techniques and will provide critique and feedback for you every training session as you progress through the program. Developed by Mark Rippetoe, the Starting Strength methodology is designed to increase strength through four basic compound barbell lifts - the squat, deadlift, overhead press, and bench press. Trainees will typically perform three of the four barbell lifts per training session for 3 work sets of 5 reps. Squats and deadlifts are typically performed every training session and overhead press and bench press will alternate between sessions. As the trainee successfully completes a session, weight on the bar will be increased for the next training session. Methodically and steadily, trainees lift heavier and heavier weights, and strength correspondingly increases. You will get strong.

I discovered Starting Strength a little over a year ago and made good progress training on my own. However, I joined the Starting Strength Dallas Gym as soon as I heard it was opening, and I have trained there since its opening in July 2019. Prior to the gym's opening, while training on my own, I encountered "plateaus" - certain weights that I just could not seem to get past. However, I have since rocketed past these plateaus due to the form critique and correction offered by the coaching staff. The improvements in my lifting technique have added much more capacity to my lifts. Weights that previously were a physical struggle are now part of my warm up lifts.

Training at Starting Strength Dallas is an incredible value. Instead of paying an exorbitant amount for 30-45 minutes of a personal trainer's one-on-one time, the Starting Strength Dallas trainee, for a lower price, receives training as part of a small group (typically 6-9). The coaches provide initial instruction (and additional instruction if/as necessary) for every trainee. The coaches also critique and provide feedback for trainees for their last warm up set and for every work set. As every trainee has his or her own pace (there is usually about 5 minutes rest between work sets), there is ample time for the coaching staff to rotate among trainees and dedicate 100% attention to each trainee's lifts. This is a much more efficient use of time and resources for trainees and coaches.

Aside from financial savings, the best "value" one gets training at Starting Strength Dallas is the increase in strength. Like I said, you will get strong.

How many people do you know who have gone to gyms for years with no measurable progress to speak of? How much money have they spent doing that? What benefit is it to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars at gyms or with personal trainers and end up with no tangible, lasting results? That simply will not happen at Starting Strength Dallas.

I would like to finish with a few words about the atmosphere and camaraderie at Starting Strength Dallas. Brent and his staff are truly first-rate. They are experienced, extremely knowledgeable, dedicated to helping their trainees, and caring. Trainees come from all sorts of ages and backgrounds and have all sorts of weight training abilities and experiences. No matter if you are an experienced lifter, or if you have never lifted a barbell before, you will be warmly welcomed by Brent and his staff and by your fellow gym mates. Everyone celebrates each other's achievements in the journey of developing strength, and this also contributes to making Starting Strength Dallas such a wonderful place to train.

Fantastic! Sounds like Tom is a member for life. Great stuff!

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

Great reviews! It really bugs me that we can’t “like” these forum posts...

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. Shipley View Post
    Great reviews! It really bugs me that we can’t “like” these forum posts...
    Thanks, JD.

We had a potoshoot recently and here are a couple of my faves:

(I have no idea what I am saying here but I am sure it was something along the lines of: "Good job")

(This is our apprentice Michael Jones teaching one of our member's son the correct back angle in the squat. He is only 17. Don't you wish you started at that age!?)

(This is Tom. He is the gentleman that posted the fine review I copied in my previous post)

Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    An unusual testimonial but one I think we can all relate to...

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast