starting strength gym
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Dallas

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Well, we are getting towards the end of our third week and have added a few more members this week.

It is very interesting to look at the demographic we are reaching with the franchise gyms. Previously a lead would reach out to me via the coaching directory which meant on some level they were already familiar with the Starting Strength model. With the gyms and our marketing initiatives we are reaching MUCH more people where this is their first exposure to any type of actual training.

There have been some very challenging coaching situations that have tested both my staff's expertise as well as mine but every time our members step on the platform they are moving better and lifting heavier than the workout before. Previously I was used to getting 90% of my lifters to within 90% of the movement model in one session. The franchise gym experience has quickly been teaching me patience and I can confidently say we get 100% of our clients moving closer to the model though it may take us a few workouts to get to within 90% of the actual movement model.

I remain extremely enthusiastic to witness our lifters' progression. Watching one of my lifters squat 85 for 3x5 today when the wooden dowel was a near 5RM on day one is quite the motivator to keep pushing through the long hours, contractor BS, everything else that's needed to run a successful gym.

As always, I am grateful to the franchise team, Rip, Stef, Nick, my staff, and the local support from our DFW community. We are really doing something here!

Great job on continuing to improve. I've seen much more junior coaches in other fields get complacent and not bother making changes to become a better coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Carter View Post
    It is very interesting to look at the demographic we are reaching with the franchise gyms. Previously a lead would reach out to me via the coaching directory which meant on some level they were already familiar with the Starting Strength model. With the gyms and our marketing initiatives we are reaching MUCH more people where this is their first exposure to any type of actual training.
    That's a good sign; it means your marketing is working. If you were getting an identical demographic, you might as well just do no marketing and let the SSC directory bring in the clients.

Watching one of my lifters squat 85 for 3x5 today when the wooden dowel was a near 5RM on day one is quite the motivator to keep pushing through the long hours, contractor BS, everything else that's needed to run a successful gym.
    Do you find that all of the non-coaching aspects are a path to coaching or do you take any satisfaction/pleasure in some of the non-coaching tasks themselves?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

I am grateful to the franchise team, Rip, Stef, Nick, my staff, and the local support from our DFW community. We are really doing something here!
    Thanks for that, Brent. The feeling is mutual - the crew and I couldn't be happier with the level of care and attention you've put into every aspect of the gym operation. And your trainees are lucky to have you guiding them. Looking forward to pulling Dallas's first digital logbook report in a couple of months to see how much progress they are all making. Great to hear that the net is widening - this is just the beginning!

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Do you find that all of the non-coaching aspects are a path to coaching or do you take any satisfaction/pleasure in some of the non-coaching tasks themselves?
    Satisfaction? Yes. Pleasure? I wouldn't go that far...

Thanks for the kind words, Ray.

Starting Strength Coach

Hey folks! We are hosting our first open house this Saturday from 10am to 12:15pm. Our staff will discuss the importance of strength (pretty sure I am preaching to the choir here), exercise selection criteria for effective strength training followed by a demo of the coaching method and ending with a Q&A.

All are welcome! Special deal: bring three friends with you and get a semi-private session on the house.

No chili this time but I will be providing coffee and high protein snacks.

Starting Strength Coach

The most epic review from one of my lifters. Thanks Will!

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

Noice!!!

Amazing review! And I'm sure many, many more to come. Congrats Brent!

Starting Strength Coach

Thanks, Travis.

We've signed up a crop of 16 lifters in the month of August so far and I am super stoked to see how far we can get them. Our earliest members are making great progress and some of them have transitioned into more intermediate programming (mostly the ones who were already doing the program prior to our opening). We'll be doing some cosmetic updates to the space over the next month or so including a new drop ceiling. We've also been trying to step our social media game up and I got a new fancy camera. If you don't follow us already on instagram and facebook go ahead and do so for some fun new content.

Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    One of our members posted this on our slack channel yesterday. While this kind of progress happens quite frequently for those that take the program seriously it's still really cool to see...

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast