Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Dallas

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quick update on the gym:

I was concerned that when we re-opened on the 18th of May it would be a slow start with many folks opting to not train at the gym. Boy was I surprised when you enrolled 12 new members our first week back open. It seems the people have spoken and they consider their health and strength to in fact be an "essential service". We now have over 100 subscribers to the gym (online coaching, in person members, etc).

Most of our classes are now waitlist only at this point so our growth will be static until we can remove our class cap and operate at closer to full capacity (12 per session vs our current 7). But that hasn't stopped us from keeping our eyes pointed ahead to the future.

We are on the hunt for gym number two in the Frisco area (off of Dallas North Tollway and Sam Rayburn) and have several promising locations. Stay tuned for more as we continue to expand our reach in the DFW market.

Starting Strength Coach

My hat off to Nick Delgadillo and his production crew. They came out a couple weeks ago to film I private session I was doing for some promo footage and ended up staying for an extra hour to get some testimonials from our members. Totally unplanned and spontaneous our members stepped into the limelight and talked about their experience training at my gym. Very grateful for their participation and to Nick, Rusty, and Bre for coming to the gym to shoot the video. Thanks all!

If you missed the video you can find it here: A Look Into Starting Strength Dallas

Wanted to give a few more shoutouts to some PR's hit in our gym recently. Great work Meg, Cameron, Jackie, and Eric!

upload pic

upload pic

upload pic

upload pic

Starting Strength Coach

A huge shout out to my staff for conducting themselves with excellence while Ray Gillenwater was in town. He was very complimentary of our gym and coaching staff.

We did a little deadlift start position workshop for our staff last Sunday. Couple coaches from Austin made the drive up to attend. The primary goal of the workshop was to identify the correct start position in the DL as well as common deviations from that position. We went around the room and had every coach/ participant assume the correct start position. I then had my coaches close their eyes while I messed the lifter up and then asked them to open their eyes and identify the deviation as well as fix it. We did this with all lifters then I had everybody pair up and work independently for a few minutes before rotating partners.

By the end of the hour just about every possible deviation from the correct start position was identified and corrected. One of my coaches described the workshop best as "an hour of deadlift mechanics without a single deadlift being pulled".

Starting Strength Coach

One of the best parts of being a franchisee is the amazing support we get from the franchise company. A huge shout out to Nick and Ray and the rest of the team for the awesome editing and prompting for the two videos that were published on our main site. In case you didn't see the videos here are a couple links:

Starting Strength Coach

Super excited to announce Dr. Darin Deaton, DPT, SSC will be presenting at our gym on Sunday the 23rd from 4pm - 6pm on "Injuries: What to do when (not if) they happen." I'll have a full release with a flyer soon but wanted to start getting the word out there now.

Starting Strength Coach

Ok here is the skinny on our Injuries Workshop we are hosting with the one and only, Dr. Darin Deaton. Sunday Aug 23rd, 4-6pm

Here is an outline of the presentation:

What is an injury vs normal training adaptation symptoms
    What is the response to injury? Reactive or proactive
    Who is your support network?
    Different types of injuries
    Tissues (muscle, tendon, bone, fascia, connective tissue)
    Failure of tissue to respond to stress
    Training while injured: protocols
    What to do and how
    Prophylaxis protocols (NSAIDs, heat, ice, compression)
    Q & A

Register Here: Dr. Deaton Presents: Injuries What to do WHEN they happen Tickets, Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 4:00 PM | Eventbrite

Starting Strength Coach

Update on our search for gym number 2:

It is amazing to me how far up their own asses a landlord's head can possibly be. After finding a really sweet location in Frisco/Plano we went into negotiations only to discover that the landlord is not really interested in actually negotiating. Amazing given the state of commercial real estate right now... We are going to give them some time to come to their sense and in the meantime explore other opportunities in that region. Onward!

Don't forget to register for our FREE injuries workshop presented by Dr. Darin Deaton of Fort Worth Strength and Conditioning fame and Starting Strength infamy:

Dr. Deaton Presents: Injuries What to do WHEN they happen Tickets, Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 4:00 PM | Eventbrite

Starting Strength Coach

Deaton is a helluva presenter. We were so grateful to have him at our gym to talk about injuries. Here is a short snippet we posted on our Insta:

Login • Instagram

Don't give up on the search. I live in North Plano, would love a SS gym that close. Stay away from Legacy West and around there, way to expensive. Prices there won't come down for a while. There are many strip malls that are a better value in this area. I am at McDermott and Independence, several vacancies in an area that fits your demographic.

Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dean_curtis View Post
    Don't give up on the search. I live in North Plano, would love a SS gym that close. Stay away from Legacy West and around there, way to expensive. Prices there won't come down for a while. There are many strip malls that are a better value in this area. I am at McDermott and Independence, several vacancies in an area that fits your demographic.
    Thanks for the tip! We are definitely going to cast our net a little wider.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast