starting strength gym
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Somebody in my gym doing proper low bar squats

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Starting Strength Austin

Note the date. You're not an impressive intellect, Fulcrum.
    You are missing the point and too getting caught up with insulting me Mark.
    The austinsite.com has the wrong opening date on it ... making a secondary tit for tat point that yes, the internet can be wrong.

I see your link to the SS forum post ...yes, it's open for business yesterday.
    Several of those google reviews for "Starting Starting Austin" are from 2 weeks ago.
    A few are from 3 to 7 months back. One from 4 years.

You'll probably say these "reviews" just carried over from the previous SS franchise gym that the two coaches had before ...
    But that's still not the point. That's a whole different issue I'm not going to get into.

Negative Yelp reviews can be BS at times also. (competitors, freak customers, etc)

So going back to my original post about this subject, internet marketing data based on clicks and views and reviews could be deceiving at times.
    People get clicks and views for subject matter that might not necessarily equate to real interest in spending money.

Quote Originally Posted by B Viking View Post
    The reviews range from a week ago to 4 years ago. Some impressive foresight that person had to give a 5 star review to a business that won't be open for another 4 years!
    Joyce has had a gym in Austin for many years. Those reviews are carryovers from Luke Barbell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    You'll probably say these "reviews" just carried over from the previous SS franchise gym that the two coaches had before ...
    But that's still not the point. That's a whole different issue I'm not going to get into.
    This is the FIRST SS FRANCHISE GYM in existence, and Luke's Barbell was not owned by "the two coaches." My god, man, stop. Anytime you and the viking boy start in on the same thing, we know what is happening. You are not going to be able to fuck this up, so just stop trying, okay?

At first I was hoping that this thread would become the opposite of the "So I joined a new gym today" thread, filled with happy people seeing correct barbell lifting being carried out all over the world,

United We Lift.

But I actually find it more fun when the arguments start

So if I open a new restaurant, I get to keep the reviews of the restaurant that was previously in that building, even though my restaurant is a completely new entity? Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by B Viking View Post
    So if I open a new restaurant, I get to keep the reviews of the restaurant that was previously in that building, even though my restaurant is a completely new entity? Good to know.
    No, Archimedes. If you move your restaurant you get to take your reviews with you.

I don’t see the point of arguing this guys. If it’s the same owner, that’s doing the same type of thing, just changing the location and name , I don’t see why having the reviews follow you would be a problem. People do this all the time. If you have a good name and reputation you would be a fucking moron not to use it.
    Are you serious or just trolling? If you are that passionate, go there , see for yourself and write your own damn review

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    No, Archimedes. If you move your restaurant you get to take your reviews with you.
    And if you change the legal form of your restaurant but it’s still the same restaurant for all practical purposes, you get to take your reviews with you.

Ghee and I though we were discussing how many people are doing proper lifts at our gyms. Can you guys take the argument back to it's original thread?

One the original topic, I'm extremely lucky, two SSC's have used my gym as their personal gym and I've see multiple trainers consulting the programming book while either lifting themselves or training others.

I consider myself to be very lucky to be able to train in such a great gym!

Quote Originally Posted by Oso Rojo View Post
    Ghee and I though we were
    Ghee is clarified butter. You guys are just all wrong.

starting strength coach development program
    In Bristol UK, yesterday, I witnessed 3 out of 4 racks being used for The Press, all in the 1-5 rep range. Nearly brought a tear to my eye. I'm used to being the only one pressing.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast