starting strength gym

Thread: Dr. Ken Leistner

Default Dr. Ken Leistner

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I live in LI, just heard Dr. Ken passed away .No other details .

Social media reports this. Post details as you get them, please.

Update: My information is that Ken passed away early this morning at home. He had not been sick, and this was very sudden. Our thoughts are with Kathy and the family.

Very sad to see one of the often unrecognized greats pass from the scene.

In pace requiescat.

Very sad news. Dr. Ken was a giant in our field. I will never forget meeting him with Rip and Inna at his home a few years back. Both him and his wife Kathy could not have been any nicer and it was a real treat to hear him tell stories of his training during his formative years and getting to see his extensive amount of mostly homemade hardcore training equipment in his garage gym. For those that may be unfamiliar with him, he published a few articles on this website a few years back and has written extensively for other outlets over the years. He will truly be missed.

We will be running his articles this week, beginning Wednesday, as a memorial series.

Dr. Ken's articles were the first things I read in POWERLIFTING USA. He always emphasized hard work on the big, compound lifts, 2x-3x a week. Along with the occasional odd object lifting ( I used an Army duffel bag with sand). My early training was based on these articles. I visited his old commercial gym back in 93. Such a great guy. Looking forward to the memorial series. Thank you Dr. Ken. You had big impact on many trainees before the internet and we were able to avoid the "silly bullshit" back in the day. Its why I was able to easily connect with Starting Strength and spread the word of proper strength training to those who will listen. RIP and condolences to Kathy and family.

starting strength coach development program
    Sad to hear. I used to enjoy his writings, perspective and recommended routines.

May he rest in peace.