starting strength gym
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Radio: A Lie Agreed Upon: Trans-women in Women's Sports

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Relying on the sole scriptura of the IOC for common sense determinations regarding gender and competition is the equivalent of applauding Pope Alexander VI (a Borgia, BTW) for arbitrarily dividing the New World between Spain and Portugal.

The New Secular Faith it seems is just as blind in it's beliefs in convenient institutions as the religious types they mock.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Just want to make sure I understand the IOC standards.

If you were born a female and your natural testosterone levels are above five nanomoles per liter, you will not be allowed to compete. If you were born a male, still have all your male parts, but identify as a female, you will be allowed to compete as a female as long as your testosterone levels are ten nanomoles or less per liter.
    I believe you're combining the IOC standards with the IAAF Standards there - I am not sure the recent CAS Ruling has caused a change at the IOC, although it may well...

Quote Originally Posted by bracemaker View Post
    I am a real person, not named Mark, and my eyes and brain function correctly and logically. I'm not sorry for echoing the truth, or denying the "differences" between biological men and women, such as you have.
    Not Mark,

I did say there were indeed differences...

Just want to make sure I understand the IOC standards.

If you were born a female and your natural testosterone levels are above five nanomoles per liter, you will not be allowed to compete. If you were born a male, still have all your male parts, but identify as a female, you will be allowed to compete as a female as long as your testosterone levels are ten nanomoles or less per liter.
    "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    I believe you're combining the IOC standards with the IAAF Standards there - I am not sure the recent CAS Ruling has caused a change at the IOC, although it may well...
    Which part isn't the standard of the IOC?

Which part isn't the standard of the IOC?
    The "natural levels above 5" bit - I believe that is the IAAF Rule that applies to only some events.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    Citation please? Did a quick Google search and didn't find any incidences of this actually happening. Emphasis on quick, though. Easily could have missed something. All I found was a pretty questionable decision by one BC judge that was going to appeal, and a whole bunch of fear mongering about how recent legislation could open the door to such things from some sources with pretty clear agendas.

If that's actually ever happened, I'd be curious to know the circumstances around it.
    I was wrong, the one I was thinking of is an Ontario specific bill 89.

Bill 89, or the Supporting Children, Youth and Families Act, 2017, repeals and replaces the former Child and Family Services Act that governs child protection services, and adoption and foster care services.

It adds “gender identity” and “gender expression” as factors to be considered “in the best interests of the child.”
    On its face this kind of thing sounds OK, but we all know how these loosely defined rules are interpreted differently and I can see this being abused to keep children from being fostered in homes with certain political beliefs.

It's strange to me that if a kid wants to eat cake for dinner we tell them no, but if they want to inject themselves with hormones we have to indulge it because it's their body and their identity. Kids go through a lot of phases while they grow up, making them permanent with hormone therapy sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

The "natural levels above 5" bit - I believe that is the IAAF Rule that applies to only some events.
    I'm not sure if this is the rule, but the one where the test.levels thing only applies to the 200m, 400m, and 800m events.

That was brilliant and a totally rational thing to do.

These are the types of people making the decisions at the top at the IOC, IAAF, etc....this is what you are dealing with everywhere.

None of it makes any sense.

I quite agree the IAAF Case doesn't make a lot of sense so I'd be surprised if it stands tbh...

starting strength coach development program
    I quite agree the IAAF Case doesn't make a lot of sense so I'd be surprised if it stands tbh...
    I thought the CAS was the final say on this. Its over. IAAF/SAS was upheld

(Court for Arbitration of Sport ... note, not Sports)

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast