starting strength gym
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Radio: A Lie Agreed Upon: Trans-women in Women's Sports

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You're saying that Mattie's 31" SVJ is not an outlier? A world record is not an outlier? You really don't know much about any part of this, Chris.
    Well I think we both know SVJ numbers are a bit like Big Fish but I've heard of Women hitting 38" plus....
    I REALLY like you suggesting I know nothing about this.

Video of the 38"? And you don't seem to know what "outlier" means, and how it fits in to this discussion.

Hey, I've already allowed that SVJ numbers are like Big Fish ("honestly, it was THIS Big") and if you had decent numbers with video evidence Rando's wouldn't be telling you about Roger's 31" SVJ....
    I will ask again, though - why suggest Rogers is an Outlier like Semenya?

Of course I do -- she's a "outlier." You know what those are, right? Just like Castor Semenya is an outlier:

What No One Is Telling You About Caster Semenya: She Has XY Chromosomes - LetsRun.com
    I knew she was an outlier. All the gals in the vid I linked are well above the mean. I was merely providing another verifiable data point at the upper end. The background info on her was for all the forum goers, not necessarily Ripp specifically.

I find it odd that someone can think that something like height can have 2 separate means and standard deviations (♂ M: 69.3" StD: 2.94" vs ♀ M: 63.8" StD: 2.8"), and society can make all sorts of assumptions based on it (height of kitchen counters vs. work benches, for example), but not think that other attributes are effected in a similar way during development by the hormones involved. Men and women are two halves of the same human coin: very different, but necessary for each other, and yet the same coin.

As a side note, I know a thing or two about being an outlier. I'm 6'8" and in the 99.988th percentile. Height Percentile Calculator, by Age or Country - Tall.Life

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    why suggest Rogers is an Outlier like Semenya?
    I'm done, Chris.

I'm done, Chris.
    Of course you are.

Oh, and I apologize to Cuandoman for calling him a Toady (Toadie?)...you can understand why - what with 3 posts in 3 and a half years - I confused him with a not real person.

Hey Rip - funny timing on this article that popped on my Google...or just Google just spying on me:

Title: "The deadly truth about a world built for men – from stab vests to car crashes"
    Headline: Crash-test dummies based on the ‘average’ male are just one example of design that forgets about women – and puts lives at risk

The deadly truth about a world built for men – from stab vests to car crashes | Life and style | The Guardian

This article could cause some trouble...when real life and political correctness collide and and it's a life or death situation.

So now on one day, the politicians will say male/females are the same, then the next day they will try to legislate for female crash test dummies because they are indeed different.

Surprised this hasn't already been posted here: League Rejects Transgender Athlete's Claim to Female Weightlifting Records
    Rip gets results! :-)

League?

starting strength coach development program
    Media for "Federation."

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast