starting strength gym
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Radio: A Lie Agreed Upon: Trans-women in Women's Sports

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by RJPinAZ View Post
    Surprised this hasn't already been posted here: League Rejects Transgender Athlete's Claim to Female Weightlifting Records
    Rip gets results! :-)
    That link was dizzying to read. The advocates for this in ACLU and other progressive stormfronts need to publish a dictionary and lexicon for their Newspeak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    That link was dizzying to read. The advocates for this in ACLU and other progressive stormfronts need to publish a dictionary and lexicon for their Newspeak.
    This was my favorite-

"“TERF” means “Transgender-Exclusionary Radical Feminists,” and it is aimed at women who say biology determines whether a person is a man or a woman, not a person’s feelings of “gender identity.” Transgender activists say a person’s sex should be determined by his or her “gender identity.”"

Transgendered persons can now make up names for feminists. I wonder what a moral hierarchy of minority/identity/special group status would look like? Is the lowest percentage of the population group given the highest moral authority?

serious question, don't reign fire down on me like Thanos or something:

Do think the difference between SVJ measurements between men and women are mainly due to lean muscle mass differences?

(not so much differences is neural efficiencies/turning on more motor units quicker)

No, and here's how you know this: When a male with a 22" SVJ doubles his squat and gains 25 pounds, what happens to his SVJ? Nothing much. When a male with a 36" SVJ takes his squat from 275 to 505 and gains 25 pounds, ditto. Best case scenario SVJ improvement is about 20%, most of which is accounted for by strength. But more common is perhaps 10%. Put 15% on the female average, and where are you? It's not the quantity of the muscle mass, it's the efficient use of the muscle mass, because all you're accelerating is your bodyweight -- that's all the "external" resistance there is. So it's the ability to recruit motor units into contraction, right now.

(My 'for the record' opinion is: all the MTF trans athletes can pound sand.)

I'm playing devil's advocate here; preparing you for your future appearance on CNN in about a month....

What happened to all "in-utero" differences in motor recruitment rates here?
    The girls seem to be hanging with the boys for the most part.
    Definitely not a 10% or 20% difference.
    I guess once the boys hit puberty (testosterone), is that when the difference starts to widen?

Chose your answer wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    I guess once the boys hit puberty (testosterone), is that when the difference starts to widen?
    Yeah.

4. Puberty presents a new hormonal milieu to the landscape already primed for it in the womb. Testosterone surges to very high levels, and finishes the job already started in the male. Differences in skeletal proportion and density, pelvic shape, lung capacity, muscle size and strength, and the now-obvious secondary sexual characteristics are overwhelming in their remaking of the organism, from hands to feet, from jawbone to kneecaps. These changes are essentially permanent, and they are significant for physical performance, just like the in utero priming of the system.

We saw it.

The key takeaway from that link:

“Our rules, and the basis of separating genders for competition, are based on physiological classification rather than identification. On the basis of all information presented to the Board of Directors for this particular case, the conclusion made, is that the correct physiological classification is male.”
    Of course the proctologic exam by the activists, the advocates, and lest we forget, the ACLU, will begin for this federation. Because their argument will be, "Were these rules in place before this grievous abuse of the lifter's feelings took place? Or did these rules get made up ex post facto?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast