starting strength gym
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Radio: A Lie Agreed Upon: Trans-women in Women's Sports

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Oh really? Let’s see their reaction when they see a person in a MAGA hat walk into a Starbucks.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by JDemboski View Post
    Oh really? Let’s see their reaction when they see a person in a MAGA hat walk into a Starbucks.
    Well, we did host the 2016 Republican National Convention...from what I remember, no reported property damage, though one radical protestor did manage to set himself on fire burning a flag and tens of others got arrested. Actually pretty tame. The rest of us (including the Democratic mayor, County Executive, and nearly all of City Council...we’ve been basically a one-party city since former Sen George Voinovich was mayor) were just happy and proud to have visitors, even if they wore those Chinese-made MAGA hats.

Quote Originally Posted by danomite! View Post
    Spot on, it's always funny how some of these special interest groups start out with pleas for free speech, open-mindedness and "we can all get along". Once established it turns into a vicious pack of wolves enforcing thought crimes against supposed bigots, racists, nazis, etc... They look for every opportunity to be offended so they can dox and 'out' anyone with a differing viewpoint.
    "When I am weaker than You, I ask you for Freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your Freedom because that is according to my principles."
    - Frank Herbert, Children of Dune

That’s pretty inaccurate, as all reports leading up to the convention expected mass hysteria and violence from the locals. Even the news said the massive police presence and possibility of Trump supporters fighting back had more to do with the lack of violence than the passivity of the locals. Nice try though.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by JDemboski View Post
    That’s pretty immaculate as all reports leading up to the convention expected mass hysteria and violence from the locals. Even the news said the massive police presence and possibility of Trump supporters fighting back had more to do with the lack of violence than the passivity of the locals. Nice try though.
    And yet there wasn’t mass hysteria, even in areas with little police presence. So what does that tell you?

As extremely difficult as this may be to believe...maybe the media reports were wrong, and maybe even deep-blue Cleveland isn’t chock full of America (sorry, Amerika...sorry again, AmeriKKKa) hating miscreants. I’ve lived here for nearly a decade and have yet to see any of the crazy shit constantly drummed by Sean Hannity or Dennis Praeger. It seems like every year the media identifies some damn thing that’s going to cause us Clevelanders to descend into total anarchy—before it was the 2016 RNC it was the Brelo exoneration, and the year before that Tamir Rice, and the year before that the Gay Games. Yet the worst we ever seem to get is a traffic jam and maybe a few arrests. It’s almost as if the media has a business interest in reporting chaos that isn’t really there.

Violence against Trump Supports and MAGA Hat Wearers Continues | National Review

I’m not talking about just Cleveland, as nobody really cares about Cleveland, especially Lebron James. Here is a short list of crimes against Trump supporters. There have been close to 700 verified reports, that doesn’t include the fake reports by liberals staging beatings or vandalism to try to frame conservatives. So, I doubt Hannity is exaggerating the occurrences. This has largely been not reported by the CNNs and MSNBCs of the world. So nice try, but you fail.

I listen to Hannity, because he has good guests and actually reports the stuff that the rest of the media carefully ignores. He exaggerates for a living, just like CNN and MessNBC. Some of this is justified because he is so outnumbered, but if you don't think the man exaggerates, you aren't listening.

Example? With all do respect, of course.

You mean "due" respect. I don't keep a list, I just observe things over the years.

starting strength coach development program
    My apologies. Eye surgery “PRK” on Friday has made seeing the keys a challenge. Spell check doesn’t always catch my error, either. Thanks for your input Mr Rippetoe.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast