starting strength gym

Thread: Maryanna Gasparyan squats 573 pounds at 123 BW

Default Maryanna Gasparyan squats 573 pounds at 123 BW

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Simply amazing squat by this woman.

She squats looking down, thumbs around the bar, and with weightlifting shoes.

Sounds familiar...

Kabuki Strength ™ on Instagram: “@power_mayan with an insane 4.7x BW Squat for her third - 573lbs in the 123lb class. Incredible lifting to kick off Flight A squats at the…”

I wish we could see her depth better, but this is an amazing squat.

Fucking savage. As i understand it she beat the mens 123 record w that squat.

Thinking about Rips podcast and the biological differences of strength and speed between men and women. That's a hell of an outlier and somewhat disproves the theory that the best of women will only beat the worst of men-if only in a specific weight class. It also it somewhat disproves the requirement to gain a lot of body weight in order to become strong. How the hell ??

Yeah! That's right. She ought to compete in the USAPL and go to the IPF Worlds!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Thinking about Rips podcast and the biological differences of strength and speed between men and women. That's a hell of an outlier and somewhat disproves the theory that the best of women will only beat the worst of men-if only in a specific weight class.
    The twin bellcurve thing was just a generalaztion; I'm sure you take those bell curves out to the left and right to infinity (fractal whatever) .... you'll eventually wind up with A SINGULAR female data point somewhere way over to the right. And that singularity even further reinforces the point, because you are going to have several male-data-points close to that same area.

It also it somewhat disproves the requirement to gain a lot of body weight in order to become strong. How the hell ??
    As far as the bodyweight / muscle mass part....
    I guess you are just only reading the "123 lbs pound body weight" part .... and have not actually seen the girl.
    She's appears to be something like 4'6" tall, which explains a lot here.
    Find her IG page, she's built like a brick house.

Lol the spotters look like their set for someone's bench press:
    (older video for reference only)

Numbers don't lie though. She is a weird looking woman, but that doesn't mean we can ignore the numbers. As I said-one hell of an outlier, but, if there is a woman at 123lbs and 4'6" that can lift equal to a man, maybe there is a woman at 250lbs and 6'2" that can lift equal to a man. I think it means that we can take it that there are proportionally far, far fewer women that can lift equal to elite men, but there are some who can and actual, not theoretical.

Absolutely incredible lift and it certainly looked like a good squat. I find it incredible that anyone can squat almost five times body weight. Just amazing. Two years ago I wouldn't have thought much about it at all, but now, as a lifter.....gawd I can feel it in every fibre of my being.

If we're talking outliers Stanaszek squatted 290kg / 639lbs raw (and I'm almost certain no knee wraps / sleeves) at 51.3kg back in 2002 at the EPF European Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    It also it somewhat disproves the requirement to gain a lot of body weight in order to become strong.
    How? Test the theory yourself. How strong are you before/after gaining 20lbs?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    If we're talking outliers Stanaszek squatted 290kg / 639lbs raw (and I'm almost certain no knee wraps / sleeves) at 51.3kg back in 2002 at the EPF European Champs.
    Just read first man @50kg to squat 300.5Kg -so that fits with the theory as he is actually lighter. These numbers are insane.