Thanks for the Deadwood suggestion. Thanks for the Deadwood suggestion. - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Thanks for the Deadwood suggestion.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    152

    Default

    JR, seriously? I loved so many of those characters. Al Swearingen. And his counterpart in the Asian community. And Al's chief henchman. Wild Bill and his compadre. Yes, Doc is the only one who acts righteously, almost without exception (he's a drunk but so are they all), but all of the other characters are pretty likeable at least some of the time. I do relate to how jarring it is to see so many characters that are so flawed.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Toronto, ON, CA
    Posts
    601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Mund View Post
    JR, seriously? I loved so many of those characters. Al Swearingen. And his counterpart in the Asian community. And Al's chief henchman. Wild Bill and his compadre. Yes, Doc is the only one who acts righteously, almost without exception (he's a drunk but so are they all), but all of the other characters are pretty likeable at least some of the time. I do relate to how jarring it is to see so many characters that are so flawed.
    Seriously! I just finished binging Deadwood after all the recent talk around here. Ian McShane's Swearengen is just so well done that he has to be my favourite, and his exchanges with Wu are fucking hilarious. Other than him, I'd have to say my second favourite was Calamity Jane. Talk about a flawed character! Tragic, hilarious, and a total badass to boot.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Anyone catch the movie yet?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan75 View Post
    Anyone catch the movie yet?
    Watched it Friday and again on Saturday. I loved it but I’ve been a Deadwood fan since the very beginning so I am biased.

    i think it’s worth watching even if you haven’t seen any of the original series.

    i can’t say much more because I don’t want to spoil it for the folks that haven’t seen it yet.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bjvinson View Post
    Watched it Friday and again on Saturday. I loved it but Iíve been a Deadwood fan since the very beginning so I am biased.
    i think itís worth watching even if you havenít seen any of the original series.
    i canít say much more because I donít want to spoil it for the folks that havenít seen it yet.
    Ah, OK. Finally, a Deadwood post on the forum. I was wondering what was up.

    I watched the movie and thought it was good. Without giving anything away: Milch didn't fall into the trap of trying to recapture the past glory of the show. Instead, we revisit the scene after ten years of rapid development--both in terms of the camp, and its people. Some people have aged well, some haven't. C'est la vie.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brahms View Post
    Ah, OK. Finally, a Deadwood post on the forum. I was wondering what was up.

    I watched the movie and thought it was good. Without giving anything away: Milch didn't fall into the trap of trying to recapture the past glory of the show. Instead, we revisit the scene after ten years of rapid development--both in terms of the camp, and its people. Some people have aged well, some haven't. C'est la vie.
    It was really a shame Powers Boothe couldn't be there to play his role. I think there could have been some interesting dynamics with him there that his absence prevented.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fernandina Bch, FL
    Posts
    145

    Default

    I don't know how I never saw this show before. I'm almost through season 1 and it's all I want to watch. It's so good. Of course I have to wait until the 4 year old goes to bed.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanaWhicker View Post
    I don't know how I never saw this show before. I'm almost through season 1 and it's all I want to watch. It's so good. Of course I have to wait until the 4 year old goes to bed.
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to field the call from the preschool teacher that your kid casually calls the other kids "cocksuckers."

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Charlie Utter isn't an honorable character? He's my favorite on the show.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    38,820

    Default

    Watched the movie last night. Excellent wrap-up of the story line. I'll watch it again very soon. Charlie Utter was a good man.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •