starting strength gym

Thread: Failing the SS NLP even after reading the article "A Clarification"

Post Failing the SS NLP even after reading the article "A Clarification"

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I had to leave the SS NLP due to my back and hips hurting all the time even though I ate a lot of food and slept a lot and even reduced the squats to twice a week and deadlifts to once a week. I had an MRI and it turned out that the pain wasn't caused by anything related to the spine. So it was fatigue and too much stress I believe.

I had to leave the SS NLP at the body weight of 80 kilos, squatting 85 kilos for 3 sets of five. Sessions weren't too hard, it's just that I didn't want to have pain all the time. It wasn't soreness. It was pain. My back would feel tight and stiff all the time. I wish I could milk 15 more kilos on the NLP though, so I'm kinda sad about that.

I was taking in +3000 calories daily and +100 grams of protein. My body fat percentage is around 20% so I didn't GOMAD.

So the question is, what would you recommend I do to progress? I've read the article "A Clarification"

Quote Originally Posted by GorkemSahin View Post
    I was taking in +3000 calories daily and +100 grams of protein. My body fat percentage is around 20% so I didn't GOMAD.

So the question is, what would you recommend I do to progress? I've read the article "A Clarification"
    Read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by GorkemSahin View Post
    I had to leave the SS NLP at the body weight of 80 kilos
    +100 grams of protein
    Also, have you looked at the first three questions?

How long were you actually on the programme for? Did you have your form checked at all?

Gorkem, go back and read through your history. You have said it's likely your form is responsible for your "pain". You equating pain and soreness in one of your topics indicates to me you are being a pussy. It's clear you have refused to take any of the advice that's been offered to you in other topics. Did you fix your form? Did you get coaching? Did you even read the book!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Le Comte View Post
    How long were you actually on the programme for? Did you have your form checked at all?
    There are/were several threads with a lot of technique adjustments suggested. By the way, many of the earlier videos have been removed; bad form, my friend.

OP, did you implement the suggestions the other forum members and the SSCs gave you on your lifts?

starting strength coach development program
    This is his last thread.