starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S4 and tail bone fractures.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    You'd like to know where the pars defect is.

Good evening

I have only had access to an iPhone for the last few days and my attempt to transcribe my CT scan report onto that was an exercise in frustration. Here goes.

Cervical Spine-there is a congenital non union of C1.Straightening of the cervical spine noted.The spine is posteriorly aligned. No focal prevertebral soft tissue swelling. mild degenerative changes noted, most prominent in the mid and lower cervical spine. No displaced fracture. Mild curvature of the cervical spine apex to the left which could be partly positional.

Thoracic Spine- the spine is posteriorly aligned. Mild vertebral body height loses noted from T6 to T10 which is of uncertain age although could be old with no fracture line noted. mild degenerative changes present.

Abdomen Pelvis- Mild motion artifact limits evaluation. There is a presacral hematoma and a comminuted mildly displaced fracture of the mid and distal sacrum on the right extending into the right S4 foramen. The SI joints and pubic symphysis are congruent.

Lumbar Spine- There are 6 lumbar type vertebrae with a transitional S1. Rudimentary disc space noted at S1-S2. Grade 1 anterolisthesis noted of L5 on S1 secondary to bilateral pars defects. Vertebral body heights maintained. Displaced fracture.

Hopefully that gives you the information you were looking for.

Thanks again for your time.

Warren

You're kind of a congenital mess, Warren. I'll ask for comments.

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the detailed info. I am sorry to hear about your accident. In regards to your imaging, I would not let it deter you from your current path. We are finding more and more that imaging does not have a good correlation to one's function. In the absence of any alarming signs or symptoms, there is no reason for you not to continue in the gym. A grade 1 anterolisthesis (or spondylolisthesis) is a 0-25% anterior displacement of the vertebral body and is not something that I would consider overly worrisome. Being that you have been making steady progress without any significant setbacks, I would continue with what you have been doing. Gradual progressive overload in the gym will help you to heal up to the best of your ability.

Good luck with your recovery and keep us posted as to your progress.

starting strength coach development program
    Thank you for your responses. I really do appreciate it. It certainly puts my mind at ease. I will continue on my current course of LP. I will be ceasing physio as I don’t need to wiggle around to strengthen my core. I am recording my progress in a log and will report back to you guys if you so care in a another month or so.

Regards
    Warren

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12