starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video: In Depth on the Power Clean

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Optics before content, right? Not going to do that, Dave. Not the way we operate. But I appreciate your concern.
    Cool man, like I said... your brand... your video.

Good luck with your franchising.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Dave, you used to be such a nice guy.
    I was never a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    If someone can't come to the same conclusion about a YouTube video with a well-documented teaching method, then we can probably just ignore their opinions on the subject.
    Read my posts again... slowly.

They aren't accusatory or about getting handsy. I found the decision by a seemingly growing company to release a video with a seemingly purposefully framed shot that looks like it could have come from Brazzers to be... interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Joksimovic View Post
    I found the decision by a seemingly growing company to release a video with a seemingly purposefully framed shot that looks like it could have come from Brazzers to be... interesting...
    And I find your assessment of the shot to be silly and obtuse. I think you're smarter than this, so I question your purpose in doing so.

I found the decision by a seemingly growing company to release a video with a seemingly purposefully framed shot that looks like it could have come from Brazzers to be... interesting...
    The fact you spend your time perusing Brazzers says more about you than it does about Coach Rip.

FFS, you're taking a training cue and sexualizing it. SMH

Cool man, like I said... your brand... your video.

Good luck with your franchising.

I was never a nice guy.

Read my posts again... slowly.

They aren't accusatory or about getting handsy. I found the decision by a seemingly growing company to release a video with a seemingly purposefully framed shot that looks like it could have come from Brazzers to be... interesting...
    FFS Dave - are you serious?!? Have you nothing better to do with your time?

Glad to see more content on the power clean. Especially since it’s not just for high school athletes.

Thanks for the video.

This one was even better than the one you did with Brett, which I've watched many times.

Dave, were you jerking off or simply snickering like Beavis and Butt-head when you paused the video at 18:49 ? Ah, to be fourteen again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think you're smarter than this, so I question your purpose in doing so.
    Morbid curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by franklie View Post
    The fact you spend your time perusing Brazzers says more about you than it does about Coach Rip.
    Dang.. ya got me...

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reid View Post
    Have you nothing better to do with your time?
    Clearly not...

A lot of people have commented to point out that someone might take the tactile cuing the wrong way. But I haven’t seen anyone commenting and actually taking it the wrong way. I understand that people have a low opinion of SJWs, but is it possible that they’re actually being underestimated here? Anyone who sees this in context and pretends to misinterpret it is clearly trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaldrew View Post
    I read a couple comments underneath the video that pointed this out. I honestly didn't even see it watching the video. Guess everyone's walking on eggshells.
    Then there are the comments on every coaching video about wanting to bang the female lifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaldrew View Post
    I'm sure if the lady lifter in the video minded, she'd have spoken up about it.
    I don't doubt Rip operates on a basis of openness and respect, but I think it's wrong to generalize this.

starting strength coach development program
    She did speak up later. She thanked me for correcting her position and told me she had thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. Apparently Dave has been taught that she was supposed to be offended, since that's fashionable right now, so he thought he'd be the first in line to defend her, not realizing that this is actually a form of mansplaining, just as serious a problem.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast