starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: In Depth on the Power Clean

Default Video: In Depth on the Power Clean

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

18:49

You guys filmed this, reviewed it... and thought... "Yeah, looks good to me"?

Is something wrong with her corrected position here? Looks just like it should at this point in the teaching progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Is something wrong with her corrected position here? Looks just like it should at this point in the teaching progression.
    Hey... your brand... your video...

Oh god, I thought you might be talking about this stupid shit, me cuing her hip position with my hands. Is it misogyny, or rape? It can't possibly be coaching, right? I guess I overestimated you.

Tactile Cues and Coaching | Mark Rippetoe

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Oh god, I thought you might be talking about this stupid shit, me cuing her hip position with my hands. Is it misogyny, or rape? It can't possibly be coaching, right? I guess I overestimated you.

Tactile Cues and Coaching | Mark Rippetoe
    Your words... not mine...

I'm not the one trying to launch a nationwide franchise.

Is it possible someone could view that moment with a critical eye and not be a white-knight SJW?

Optics before content, right? Not going to do that, Dave. Not the way we operate. But I appreciate your concern.

I read a couple comments underneath the video that pointed this out. I honestly didn't even see it watching the video. Guess everyone's walking on eggshells.

I touch trainees all the time when I coach. One of the most revelatory articles was the one about touching your trainees when you need to. Since then, I've been liberally intruding upon people's forfeit personal space without even a second thought. And everyone's been real appreciative.

I'm sure if the lady lifter in the video minded, she'd have spoken up about it. Best not to presume she felt all violated in advance. Dangerous times, these.

Having studied trombone and voice at a graduate level, and taught low brass to students from children through adults, I will say that tactile cues are invaluable as a teaching tool, just as it is in teaching these movements. We are, after all, teaching people to use their bodies in ways that they aren't used to, and in many cases aren't even aware of. All that's required is a very quick conversation with either the students or their parents, depending on their age.

If someone can't come to the same conclusion about a YouTube video with a well-documented teaching method, then we can probably just ignore their opinions on the subject.

starting strength coach development program
    Dave, you used to be such a nice guy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast