starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Online Coaching

Default Starting Strength Online Coaching

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I maybe have missed something. Is the online coaching no more? The link from the Starting Strength homepage don't seem to work.

The page is being rebuilt. The new system will be up in a couple of days. Check back soon!

Believe it’s going through a name change.

The name will remain Starting Strength Online Coaching.

Well that’s what I get for thinking again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansan View Post
    Believe it’s going through a name change.
    I think it is more about improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansan View Post
    Well that’s what I get for thinking again.
    It's more about believing.

Hi Mark,

Like a lot of other people, I found barbell training through Starting Strength (the book). I signed up for in-person sessions with coaches because they were Starting Strength-certified. I knew of Reynolds Strong back in the day, but I only signed up for online coaching when it launched as Starting Strength Online Coaching, because I believed you were endorsing their methods.

I've been training with the erstwhile SSOC. If the two organizations are parting ways, I would like to know if you still endorse their training methods. If you parted ways because of commercial terms, strategic reasons, etc, it doesn't affect me much. But if you tell me that you don't approve of their programming/ their fidelity to the Starting Strength model, I would like to know.

Please don't just redirect a domain, send out an opaque email and leave Starting Strength followers to rely on Reddit threads to get more clarity. I don't want to hear the inside story of what happened, but I do need more details where they concern my training. The communication from both parties in the last 24 hours has been terrible.

As always, I'm grateful to you and for the folks at Barbell Logic for bringing barbell training to my life.

The inside story of what happened is none of anyone's business outside our organizations. There are no differences in the quality of the product available at Barbell Logic, since they are currently all SSCs. We will be listing SSCs on Starting Strength Online Coaching as well, so that your choice of high-quality coaches will be bigger than ever. They new website will be up by Friday.

Also: if there is anything worse on the surface of the planet than YouTube comments, it is the entire corpus of the pile of shit that is Reddit. Surely Bill Gates did not envision this in the 1990s.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Also: if there is anything worse on the surface of the planet than YouTube comments, it is the entire corpus of the pile of shit that is Reddit. Surely Bill Gates did not envision this in the 1990s.
    Hear, hear Rip - Reddit is a cesspool. Why anyone would go there for SS information, as opposed to here on the boards, is beyond me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast