starting strength gym

Thread: Classic Article: Matt Reynolds SSC: Eating Through the Sticking Points.

Default Classic Article: Matt Reynolds SSC: Eating Through the Sticking Points.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

I think this article came back at a perfect time for me. I choked on my dead lift on Tuesday, and while form was an issue, I am pretty sure not eating enough is another. Time to shut off that part of the brain that tells me "you're too fat" to "I need these calories to get my dead lift to 405". Thanks for the repost!

My apatite increased while i was reading this article😋

Quote Originally Posted by Ddtediejm View Post
    I think this article came back at a perfect time for me. I choked on my dead lift on Tuesday, and while form was an issue, I am pretty sure not eating enough is another. Time to shut off that part of the brain that tells me "you're too fat" to "I need these calories to get my dead lift to 405". Thanks for the repost!
    Current height/weight?

I’ve tried to gain weight fast before, and I know from experience that I just can’t put down as much food as these guys, but I love reading about it. That’s some serious determination right there.

Thanks for re-posting this article. Good stuff.

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I'm curious if anyone has tried to quantify it: He talks about guys getting big and strong, and later cutting down to 10% bodyfat. How much does their overall strength suffer after such a cut? Presumably some muscle mass is lost in the process, yes?

Semi-related question, for folks who cut to make a weight for competition-- how much, if at all, does overall strength suffer from a quick cut, versus a longterm one?

Great article which I revisit often. I've added Kraft Mac and Tuna to my shopping list for tonight.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    How much does their overall strength suffer after such a cut? Presumably some muscle mass is lost in the process, yes?
    I lifted throughout my twenties but never trained for strength. I trained for strength throughout my 30's and 40's and in my experience I always lost a significant amount of strength when I try and lose the fat that I accumulated in gaining strength. Everytime. All the time, money, and effort in eating and getting stronger is wasted when I try and lose fat. I know there maybe some vodoo that says different. But this has been my experience.
    This is one of my favorite articles along with the ones about Webster.