Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: But what about Keto?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    He thinks Canadian.

Oh wait, that's racism...

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    So if I'm trapped on a deserted island with only a cow and we already ate all the living plants, is it morally acceptable at that point (since my life is in danger from starving) to slit the cows throat and eat a delicious steak?
    Love that track!

I was on a Ketogenic diet for about 4 months. I lost about 50 lbs. I think the most helpful part about the diet was that my appetite was greatly reduced. I could eat some fatty meat and some green vegetables for breakfast, drink some coffee with cream and butter in it and then I could go all day without eating. My energy levels were sufficient to make it throught the day and I wouldn't eat again until I came home for dinner. Two meals a day was enough.

When I started the Starting Strenght program I started eating more carbohydrates again and my hunger came back with a vengeance. I would eat a large meal and feel hungry afterwards. I felt hungry all the time when I first went back to a high carb diet.

In regards to the video by Mr Vegan Gains, he made some statement that he can't back up with evidence. About 2:30 minutes into the video he claimed that people who practiced slavery, human sacrifice, and who murdered gay people never considered the ethical consequences or if their actions were morally justified. How can he possibly know what they considered when they were doing such things. In fact it is likely they considered what they were doing to be morally or ethically justifiable. Mr Vegan Gains isn't much of a thinker. Anyone who thinks a vegan diet is suitable for infants needs to have their head examined. When God created women he provided them with the body parts they needed to feed their babies milk. The fact that people need B12 proves a vegan diet alone is not suitable for human health.
    One of the wonders of modern technology like Youtube is that it allows almost anyone to pretend they are an intellectual

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Everyone hates this fuckin' moron and he is universally mocked by everyone outside his echo chamber.
    Anyone that goes to the gym 3 times a week now considers themselves worthy of calling themselves a coach, hosting a podcast, youtube channel, instagram and merch store and apparently people will click on anything. These guys make a living by name dropping then stirring the pot. I generally avoid clicking this stuff to give them more heat but in this case he has probably given you more traffic - so...good?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He thinks Canadian.

Oh wait, that's racism...
    Woah woah woah now, don't go lumping all us Canadians in with some asshat from Toronto lest we start equating all Americans with New Yorkers......

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    I generally avoid clicking this stuff to give them more heat but in this case he has probably given you more traffic - so...good?
    If we start to see forum questions about GOMADing with hemp milk, we'll know.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Smale View Post
    Woah woah woah now, don't go lumping all us Canadians in with some asshat from Toronto lest we start equating all Americans with New Yorkers......
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Smale View Post
    Hey now! Don't even lump all us asshats from Toronto in with that asshat from Toronto.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    Hey now! Don't even lump all us asshats from Toronto in with that asshat from Toronto.
    Also a good point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast