starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: But what about Keto?

Default But what about Keto?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Lol. I couldn‘t watch the whole video, sorry for that. No chance I can hear this guy talking about veeeeganism for about 13min... It is obviously a psycological disorder, he proves it pretty well.

YouTube comments win the internet, again.

It's been my experience that diet inspires more magical thinking than just about any other topic in Western society. I'm generally pretty quick to point patients to the first law of thermodynamics when they ask me about Keto, Atkins, Vegan, South Beach, HCG, colon cleanses, juice fasts, and just about any other bullshit proposition for weight loss that some genius has decided to make a quick million on. It is literally impossible (at least inside this universe) for your weight to move opposite of your caloric balance over the course of weeks to months unless you have a malabsorption issue. It's like playing craps. The odds are the odds. The house wins. Starve yourself and get weaker. The data shows that the vast majority of people return to pre-diet weight in a relatively short period of time. I'd be willing to bet that there's data that shows that body composition is generally worse after each loss/gain cycle considering that you'd only regain the muscle it takes to move the regained extra fat unless you're deliberately training for strength.

Calories in minus calories out. The position of that number relative to zero will indicate your trajectory. Eat a 6000 calorie/day bacon diet while sitting on the couch and test it. Does it matter what you eat? ABSOLUTELY! Do carbs, protein, or fat possess magical weight loss/gain properties when combined in certain ratios or when abstained from altogether? NO!

Please never stop trolling vegans Rip, please.

His go to study: "Nutritionally Adequate" is somehow optimal. I love to eat nutritionally adequate food, just enough to keep me alive.

This is the guy that'll get so upset with you, he'll bring out a combat knife and talk about slitting your throat with the most deadpan expression, psycho eyes imaginable. And then afterwards he'll say he was just joking. But you mispronouncing veganism couldn't possibly have been tongue-in-cheek or self-aware; that had to have been incredibly sincere of you.

This video is pure hilarity. I don't take this guy seriously at all (even though the authorities probably should).

I laughed.
    I cried.
    I had to go back to work, but my day was made.

So if I'm trapped on a deserted island with only a cow and we already ate all the living plants, is it morally acceptable at that point (since my life is in danger from starving) to slit the cows throat and eat a delicious steak?

And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber.
    And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself.
    And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own Midwest.
    And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil.
    One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then

And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"

And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!
    You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust."

And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared,
    "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you!
    Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!"

- Tool "Disgustipated"

starting strength coach development program
    Is the wildebeest morally superior to the lion?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast