starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Books Specificallyl About Old School Strength/Conditioning/Diet

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He was probably being funny that time.
    Now I'm wondering if someone has gone back in and altered the thread title for fun, or if I fucked it up. That irony would be quite humorous.

So no other book recommendations besides Starr's? I've heard you touch on the fringes of this topic multiple times, such as your videos with Brett McKay and talking about how the culture values weakness (totally true). I would have thought you'd have other resources on the matter.

No, that's your own personal typo. As for books, all of them are fun for historical purposes, but you won't learn much from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    As for books, all of them are fun for historical purposes, but you won't learn much from them.
    I figured as such, still fun though. As a younger guy (28), I just find myself fascinated by the differences between the men of my father's generation and the men of mine. I can't recall the figures, but I remember reading that the average testosterone level has dropped by a substantial margin in the last 2 generations (age adjusted). Depression and other issues also seem to be running rampant. Obviously it can't be blamed completely on culture, but I'm sure there's a lot of influence there, what with all the "toxic masculinity" we hear about these days *eye roll*. Interesting to read about the different culture and values of the older guys.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Smith View Post
    I figured as such, still fun though. As a younger guy (28), I just find myself fascinated by the differences between the men of my father's generation and the men of mine.
    For an historical perspective and some fun as well as the occasional nuggets of old school information, the Keys to Progress are a fair representation of what men of a certain advanced age (68 in my case) had as influences during their formative years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12