starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carl Raghavan SSC: Bro-Scientists are Messing with my Lifters

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You realize that Carl wrote this, not me, right?
    Yes, I realize that. Which is why I directed my post to you and asked you about it.

If you don't want to share, that is fine. I just thought I was missing something (I thought you liked T-Nation) and wondered what it was.

If I like something/someone, and someone wrote an article saying something about them, and I posted the article, I would comment on it.

But that's just me.

I have done this too. I gave a couple of copies away to friends or relatives who expressed interest in strength training. If they did read the book, they decided it was too difficult, too hard or listened to their doc, PT, the media or a gym bro trainer and got scared about working their way up to weights over 200lbs.

People actually ask me for advice in the gym now. I do not offer it until they start commenting on my lifting and asking for advice. Usually, I will just tell them to get the book. I have converted a few this way.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I have done this too. I gave a couple of copies away to friends or relatives who expressed interest in strength training. If they did read the book, they decided it was too difficult, too hard or listened to their doc, PT, the media or a gym bro trainer and got scared about working their way up to weights over 200lbs.

People actually ask me for advice in the gym now. I do not offer it until they start commenting on my lifting and asking for advice. Usually, I will just tell them to get the book. I have converted a few this way.
    That's what I would do. Most people who randomly ask for advice aren't looking for the hard truth, which Starting Strength is full of. It's also an exhaustive read and I think it takes a special person to want to do it. I myself found it excruciating because I have dyslexia and reading is very tedious. But I recognized the value of what this is and I did it anyway. It was more than worth it and I'm going back over it again as soon as I get ready to get back in the gym. The right people will buy the book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12